Chapter 13

Chloe walked into the school and went into her classroom. She looked at the clock and saw she had fifteen minutes until her students would be there. She decided to take this time to talk to her boss, the principal. She was terrified, but she knew she had to over come her fear to help Beca.
She made her way down the hallway, fixing her hair and making sure her dress wasn't wrinkled. She reached the principal's office, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
"Come in." She heard him say from the other side of the door.
"Hello Miss Beale, how may I help you?" He asked.
Chloe thought for a moment. She didn't know if she should refer to Beca as her friend or her girlfriend. She thought it out and decided on friend.
"I'm sorry to bother you, but my friend has been struggling and is living with me. I was wondering if you have any job openings for her." She said.
"As a matter of fact we do." He said. "Let's see..."
He began to look through his files.
"We need a new teaching assistant in Miss Beale's room." He said.
"That's me, sir, and I have a teaching assistant. Mrs. D." Chloe said, confused.
"Oh I forgot to tell you, Mrs. D quit." He said.
"Would you like to interview Beca? She is very sweet." Chloe said.
"I'll interview her tomorrow. Tell her to come around 11 am tomorrow."
"Thank you so much!" Chloe said and left to prepare her classroom for the day. Chloe knew Beca would be ecstatic to hear Chloe got her a job.
Chloe taught her class as she usually does. However, at the end of the day, Chloe couldn't wait to get home.
When she got home she ran up to the front door and went inside calling Beca's name.
"What?!" Beca called from upstairs.
"You'll never guess what I did at work today!" Chloe called upstairs to Beca. Beca came down the stairs and they sat together on the couch.
"What did you do?" She asked.
"I got you a job!" Chloe said excitedly.
"You did!?" Beca said.
"Who's the best girlfriend in the world?" Chloe said. "Me!"
Beca gave her a hug and kissed Chloe on the lips.
"Thank you so much." Beca said.
They cuddled for a while and watched TV.
"What's the job?" Beca finally asked.
"You're going to be my teaching assistant!" Chloe said.
"What will I have to do?" Beca asked, concerned. She didn't know how to be a teacher.
"You just have to help me with the class and stuff. It won't be too hard, don't worry." Chloe assured her.
Beca was excited that she would get to see Chloe all day.