Chapter 28

Vote&Comment&Fan! : ) 

Chapter 28 

Their stares were intimidating. Watching us like we were the enemies. Oh dear. Just then, Alistair and Elenore came into view. Everyone bowed, including us, but just the slight tilt of the head. We still bowed to our own Alphas. A little dog came trotting towards us. Aw, it was so adorable! 

      "Careful there. He nibbles and licks a lot," Elenore said, amused. 

     I petted the little dog carefully, and it didn't nibble on my fingers, so bleh. Maybe he could scent that I was friendly. Elenore frowned. "That's strange. He doesn't usually open up to strangers that often," she said.

     "Maybe he senses that we're also wolves. Well, I'm part-wolf," I added, stroking the dog's pure white fur. It's ears were a little mix of brown, black and grey. It's nose was brown and a little pink, while it's large hazel eyes were looking at me. 

     "Everyone!" Alistair shouted to his pack. 

     I stopped what I was doing and looked up at Alistair. 

     "These are newcomers! They have travelled from far to come here. Let's give them a warm welcome," Alistair announced, and I blushed a little, feeling all the stares directed upon our group, and everyone began to surround us. Though Rach and Maria were enjoying the attention. 

     Pssh. 

     I nodded to Chris. 

     "Thanks for the welcome. We really appreciate it," Chris said aloud, and the girls seemed to go over to him. Ugh. Seriously? Not again. 

     Chris looked amused as he answered to the girl's question, and I walked over to the drinks area. I trusted Chris. But these girls looked really pretty and stunning. 

     I couldn't help but feel a little jealous watching them flirt with Chris. 

     "Are you just going to let them flirt with him like that?" Rach asked as she joined me, sipping her Champagne. "I admit I don't like it, but I may look clingy and over-jealous when I tell him to be with me always. I mean, come on, I see the guy everyday, and I need to give him some room for space," I explained. 

     "Jeez, you seriously think that way? If that were Jonah, I would have ripped his head off already," Rach said, and I laughed a little. 

     "Give the guy a little space. He can look, but not too much. As long he doesn't touch, I'm fine with that. I know Chris. He wouldn't cheat on me," I said. 

     "Let's give you some eye-candy as well. Ooh, I think I see a few pair of eyes looking our way," Rach teased, and I rolled my eyes. 

     "You are unbelievable, Rach," I said, and she giggled. 

     "Look to your left in your front," she said, and I did. 

     Whoa. A few guys were standing in a corner, chatting with girls, and several were looking our way. They were really cute and handsome. 

     One caught my eye. He had really sparkling, piercing blue eyes, and a sharp nose, with full lips. His dark brown hair was a little messy, but in a stylish manner. His strong arms were dangling on the railings, and he looked at ease, watching everyone mingle. He may be a year older than me. He reminded me of someone really familiar. Someone I have seen before.