Chapter 8

I DECLARE THIS CHAPTER... OFFICIAL!!!!! :D :D :D I'm high today... I have no idea why... HEHEHE! See? Random me... :) Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to the very awesome ImmaGirl THANKS FOR FANNING!!! :D 

Chapter 8

 When dinner was ready, my mom called me from downstairs. I sighed, and got out of bed, making my way down slowly towards the dining area. My mom had already prepared the food on the table and I was hungry like a mad person. My stomach grumbled silently, begging for food. 

My mom snickered at me and motioned for me to sit across her. I sat down and waited for her to speak. "What is it?" I asked, picking up my spoon. 

She cleared her throat and fiddled with her necklace. I had a feeling that the news was not going to be good. I frowned, wondering what would make her so anxious about something. And coming from my mom, she was never anxious, not about anything. 

At last, the uncomfortable silence broke. 

"Your dad is coming back to visit us for awhile," she said calmly, though I could see that she was very unhappy with the idea. Wait... What?! 

I almost choked on my food. "What?" I asked in disbelief. What the hell was she talking about? Confused, I frowned at her. 

"I know it's been a while, but he's decided to come back, because you're turning eighteen in four months, and he wouldn't want to miss your birthday," she said slowly, blinking at me. I sighed. What in the world...? 

"But, I haven't seen him since I was a kid, mom! A kid. What the hell would he look like? Why did he decide to come here all of a sudden? What is wrong with you for saying yes?" I asked angrily, placing my spoon down harshly on the table. 

My mother sighed irritably. "Don't take this out on me, Adeline. It was his idea. He didn't want to miss your birthday," she said, rolling her eyes. 

"Then why is he coming back so early when my birthday is in four months?" I retorted, scoffing. Anger was boiling within me. What the heck kind of father was he? 

"Because, he had to settle some business here, so he figured that he might as well come home before your birthday," she explained, getting a little impatient. 

"Oh, so now he decides to show up? After all those years without him, he finally decides to suddenly pop out of nowhere?" I asked, shoving my chair back, and started to walk away from the scene before me. 

"Adeline Fay! Come back here and sit down right this instant!" My mom demanded, standing up as well. 

"No, I'm going to bed. Goodnight, mom," I said and rushed upstairs, to the comfort of my room, my bed, my books and my.... Roses? 

Huh?

I locked the door and found myself staring at a bouquet of beautiful red roses laying neatly on my bed. A wave of nostalgia swept over me as I remembered what happened when I cured the wolf, and then found out that the wolf I helped, was not really a wolf. 

Then three roses had appeared on my bed later that day. Creepy, I know. But this was a whole bouquet of roses. 

Was it from the same wolf I helped? Or was it Jake? Chris, maybe? 

I walked over to my bed slowly, and reached out my hand carefully for the envelope which was  placed inside the bed of roses. I tore it open neatly, and a letter fell out. I scanned the contents of the letter and my heart literally stopped when I saw who sent this.