Chapter 25

Vote&Comment&Fan! : ) 

Chapter 25 

 After our meal, we decided to check into the Hotel Danieli. Luckily for us, Jonah knew Spanish like his first language. We checked into the hotel and got into the suite the receptionist gave us. "Phew! I'm so tired!" I said, plopping down on the large king-sized bed. "Oh, who takes this bed? Three people can fit, I think," Rach said, frowning, wondering about something. 

     "Hm... you and Jonah can have it," I said. "Me and Chris can take the couch. Or do you want the bed?" I asked Chris. 

     "Sure. I'll sleep with you on the couch. No biggie. But where are Maria and Josh going to sleep?" Chris asked. 

     "The floor," Jonah replied, earning a punch on the shoulder from Josh. "Good question. Oh! I know!" Maria said, and got down on the carpet floor. She pulled out an extra mattress from underneath the bed. I frowned. 

     "How did you know it was there?" I asked. 

     "I didn't," she shrugged. "I just guessed. Most hotels have extra mattresses under the beds."

     "I think it's kind of creepy. What if someone was murdered under there?" Rach asked, wide-eyed. I laughed. "Nonsense," I said, and rolled my eyes. "Alright. It's now in the evening. Wanna go have dinner? Or something?" I asked, checking the clock beside the bed. "It's already 7.30pm! Gosh, time sure flies!" I said. 

     "Yes, now I'm hungry. And I need a workout now," Chris grumbled, and Jonah and Josh nodded along.

     "Alright, let's go eat," I suggested. 

     We went down to the lobby, and spotted a small cafe there. Well, we nearly gobbled everything down in a minute. Well, the guys did. The girls remained spotless and clean. I laughed when Jake's nose had whipped cream. Rach rolled her eyes and said that Jake was a pig.

     "Hold your horses!" I said, and Jake widened his eyes for awhile. "Where is the bathroom?" I asked, and Jake heaved a sigh of relief. What was wrong with him? Was he like, sick or something? Or maybe he's hiding something.... nah. 

     "I think it's that way! I need to go too!" Maria said, and Rach led them back to the hotel room. 

     "I think Jake is acting weird lately," I said, and Maria looked at me, while fixing her hair in the mirror. "Why do you say so?" She asked. 

     "Because he's been acting all alert, and I don't know... weird lately. Maybe it's his time of month...?" I said, and we both burst out laughing. 

     "Right. Or maybe he's actually a girl in disguise!" Maria gasped. 

     "Or maybe it's someone from our pack and secretly telling our pack where we are!" I said, becoming paranoid. What if he really did tell my dad and mom where we're staying at? What if we were found? 

     Or worse... what if Chris and I cannot be together ever again? 

     "Hey, Adeline? Chill," Maria said, petting my shoulder. 

     "Okay, I'm chilling," I said. 

     "Don't worry, no one will find us," Maria said. 

     "How would you know?" I asked skeptically. 

     "Because if someone in our group would have already told our pack, they would have aleady found us," Maria said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.