Chapter 9

Chapter 9 is up! :D ENJOY READING MY AWESOME PEOPLE! Dedicated to kimathy96 because she's awesome like that :) 

Chapter 9

 I woke up in the morning, finding myself staring into the glaring sunlight in front of me. I winced and blinked a few times, trying to get used to the light. I yawned and swung my legs off the bed and padded into the bathroom, did the necessary and then picked out a light blue top, which complimented Jake's eyes perfectly, and then shrugged on a pair of black skinny jeans, which clung onto my legs. I wanted to make Chris jealous. That was a startling thought. All along, I thought that all I wanted to do was just make him pay for making me hurt, but of course, making him hurt wouldn't be complete if there wasn't any jealousy in it... 

Right? 

I went downstairs and found my mom sitting delicately with her legs crossed on the couch, sipping a cup of coffee. "Hey," I said, and she looked up from her papers. She smiled. "Hey yourself," she replied. 

"So... Um, dad is coming today, right...?" I asked awkwardly. 

Last night's memories came flashing through my mind in a blink of an eye. Dad's letter, him coming back, Chris coming into my room, and then me falling asleep. 

"Yes, in fact, he's on his way here, so by the time you get home from school, he'd already be here," she said, looking at me apologetically. "Oh, and he brought uh... A few... Friends," she said uncomfortably, looking away from me. 

Something is up.

Something is very up. 

But, being me, I shrugged it off. "Okay, then... I'll be off to school now," I said, and literally sprinted out of the house, bumping into Jake on the way. "Oh! Jake! You scared me," I said, placing a hand on my heart. 

I frowned. "Don't do that." 

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, don't be so dramatic," he said, taking my hand in his. I looked at him with a raised brow. He just shrugged. "Well, we are pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend, right?" I nodded slowly. 

"Then we should act like a couple," he said calmly, not realising my rapidly beating heart. 

"Okay...." I swear, this morning was getting weirder by the second. 

We drove in comfortable silence and I almost fell asleep when he nudged me with his hands. "We're in school," he said, getting out of the car, and quickly getting to my side, and opened the car door for me. I laughed. "It wasn't necessary to do that, you know," I said. 

 He quickly pulled me to hise side, snaking one arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes. "What was that for?" I asked. He smirked. "Boyfriend alert," he said. Okay, now I was confused. Wasn't he supposed to be my boyfriend? 

When I gave him the confused look, he rolled his eyes and sighed, jerking his head in front, motioning for me to look in front of us. Oh. There he was. Chris was leaning against one of the pillars near the entrance, with that... That... Whore of a girl, Maya. 

"Oh," I responded, and then without realizing what I was doing, my arm was around Jake's waist, and we were walking past people who were looking at us weirdly. It was like they hadn't seen couples before. Jeez, would they just look away already? 

Jake whispered something in my ear, "Laugh. Now," he commanded, kissing my cheeks. I blushed a little and giggled. Apparently, Chris saw me, because he turned his attention to me, ignoring Maya's protests completely, glaring at Jake's arm around me and my arm around his waist.