Chapter 5

Hello, hello. :) Uploaded on time! Love me or not? HE HE. So, anyways, I still feel kind of bad for ending things with Adeline and Chris. AW. :( THEY WOULD LOOK SO CUTE AND AWESOME TOGETHER!!! Stupid brain of mine. *Grumble* *Grumble* On with the chapter!! :D 

Chapter 5

These past few days have been hell. Literally. It all started when I broke up with Chris. Then he never spoke to me, nor saw me anymore. I could feel the mark from my neck fading away slowly. Hell, I could even see the mark fading away. It brought me pain to know that Chris never loved me. He only used me. For what purposes, I don't know. But he was happy now. And he moved on. Quite quickly, I might say. 

The gossip was spread around the whole school from the moment the students saw Chris walking in, holding hands with Maya, the werewolf girl from his pack, I think. Though I have to admit, they looked like an odd pair, like something was missing. Maya had blond hair, which didn't compliment Chris's sandy brown hair at all. Her blue eyes was what intrigued me the most. It was as if she had seen many things she didn't want to see. It looked as if she had lived through many years in pain and suffering. She was a little overweight, though. But Maya still had curves in the right places. She had an hour-glass figure. Something I could never have, because I was too slim for my liking. But Rachel always teased Maya about being fat. 

Now that was just plain rude. Not to mention mean. But I was still kind of surprised that Maya was Chris's mate. Even the whole school was shocked. Not about the mate part, but the girlfriend, boyfriend part. 

I sighed sadly as they walked, coming towards me. Oh no... I scanned the crowded hallway for Rachel. She was no where to be found. Damn her and Jonah. Gr. I frowned and focused my attention back to my locker, trying to fit in my books gracefully. One of them slipped out of my grasp and fell to the floor with a heavy 'thump'. 

I scowled at it and put in the rest of my books in the locker. I got down and picked the book up, at the same time, Chris just magically decided to appear in front of me. He bent down and picked up the book at the same time I did. I jerked away from his hand like I just had an electric shock and scooted away from him. 

He looked at me sadly and I felt my heart twist in all directions. He still had the same effect on me. I let him go because he already had a mate, and he was happy with her. Maya looked down at me and said, "You okay, Della? You look kind of... Off," She said, concern covering her face. I just shook my head. 

"I'm fine." 

"No, you're not," Chris responded this time, holding my hand in his and helping me up, while handing me the book. Damn him. He knew me too well already. His touch still sent sparks and energy throughout my whole body as his fingers brushed mine. He must have felt the same way, because he cleared his throat and dropped his hand from mine. 

Disappointment flooded through me like a wave. 

Some part of me wanted him to touch me again. The other part of me told me to run away as fast as I could. 

"And how would you know?" I snapped angrily. Maya raised her brows in surprise. "I just know you, Adeline," He simply responded looking me in the eye. He caught sight of the mark on my neck and he grimaced as he saw it fading. Maya frowned, looking in between us. 

"Uh... I'm still here, you know," Maya joked, but I could hear something else in her voice. Jealousy. She was jealous that Chris knew me more than anyone else. Well, he did know you first, the voice said. Oh, shut up, you stupid voice!