Bite

Today is my last day of being sixteen

I used to think that when I turned sixteen, I'd still be fat, have acne all over my face, and be the school loser still. But surprisingly, I managed to clean myself up. I'm slimmer, my acne cleared up, and everyone at the school loves me and the Glee Club. For once I'm popular, and the feeling is great. But also, I never expected to be wearing a Saree with no shoes on my last day of being sixteen. Hey, what can I say? I am the one who choose to sing to Angie last year.

I stood behind a wall in the school cafeteria courtyard. Students were scattered as men dressed in tradional men's Hindi attire with drums and other women in Saree's stood around. Everyone became confused and looked around to figure out what was happening. I nodded to one of them and all of the men began to beat on their drums. Finn was sitting at one of the table all the way at the bottom eating his lunch. He was confused at first, but then he grinned and looked around for me knowing what was happening. I stepped out at the top and everyone looked at me while the women lined the stairs.

Camila: Hey dhin tadaak dhin tadaak aaja ud ke saraat pairon se bedi zara khol, nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhum dhaayn nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn.

Everyone seemed stunned at my dress, and myself in general. Not going to lie, this dress is a fifteen dollar rental...but no one has to know....

Camila: Dhin tadaak dhin tadaak aaja ud ke saraat pairon se bedi zara khol, nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhum dhaayn nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn.

I began to dance with the other women. I had watched the Ram-Leela movie so many times that I could break out and do the dances any day. Finn looked at me with a gaze in his eyes. I smiled down to him as the music played and I made my way down the stairs and past everyone.

Camila: Re khat-khat haan khat-khat baaje dastak woh na ab tak aaya. Re tab se haan tab se haan dekhe raahein ki ab tu khol baahein aaja. Umad-ghumad ghumein re machle re mora mann goonje re baalam ke bol. Nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn. Nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn.

All the women pulled a girl who wasn't apart of the flash mob with them and did the dance. The girls soon caught on and pretty much everyone was dancing. Thank god this flash mob is a success. When we tried to do the back to school flash mob last month, NOBODY cared, took part in the dancing, or even paid attention.

Camila: Hey dhin tadaak dhin tadaak aaja ud ke saraat pairon se bedi zara khol, nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhum dhaayn nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn. Dhin tadaak dhin tadaak aaja ud ke saraat pairon se bedi zara khol, nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhum dhaayn nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn.

All reached the bottom and formed a huge circle. They danced around me and I felt so magical. Finn made his way in and smiled down at me, leaving a kiss on my forehead. We watched everyone dance around us and it honestly felt like I was at a festival in Bollywood. I've always had an interest in India, along with Paris. When I graduate, hopefully me and Finn can pack up and just take a trip around the world.

All: Leeli lemdi re. Leelo nagarvel no chhod. Parbhu parodh na re maar gher. Uttaara karta jaao. Utaaro nahi karun re maar gher Sita juve vaat. Sita ekla re juve ram-lakhman ni vaat.

One of the drummers handed Finn one of theirs and he started dancing awkwardly and beating on it. I laughed and swayed along to the music. I give him credit for trying to keep up with the fast dancing, but if you would've seen him on the street doing it, you would think he was hyped up on crack.

Camila: Nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn. Dhin tadaak dhin tadaak aaja ud ke saraat pairon se bedi zara khol, nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhum dhaayn nagada sang dhol baaje, dhol baaje, dhaayn dhaayn dhaayn dhum dhaayn.

All: Hey…. ho dhol baaje!

**************

I laid on my bed playing on my phone while Finn laid on my stomach. We had completed yet another make out session, so of course I only had my tank-top and underwear on.

"It sure does feel like I've been sixteen forever." I sighed, trying to cover my moan, as Finn left sloppy kisses trailing down my stomach. "You have to admit though, a lot of great things happened while you were sixteen." Finn peaked over my phone. "Oh yeah, because almost getting shot was great enough." I rolled my eyes. Finn laughed and laid his head down on my stomach. "Do you know what you're doing tomorrow?" He asked, tracing his finger over my stomach and drawing imaginary pictures.

"Since tomorrow is Saturday, probably going to stay home and eat cake with my Aunt. You better not of got me anything." I glared at him. He stay silent and I blushed to myself. "Maybe I'll have to come over and give you a lap dance." He peaked over my phone again and wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head, trying to hide my redness. I set my phone down and softly pushed Finn off of me so I could go to the bathroom. As I shut the door, I looked into the body mirror on my door and stared at the redened bite marks (soon to be hickeys) going from my neck to my waist line.

There were exactly seventeen.