Chapter 18

Madliyn's POV
The rest of the school day went by fast. I wasn't even paying attention in class though because Sam kept texting me about how much he loves me and other crap. I almost got my phone taken away! That's probably the closest I've ever gotten to being in trouble and I honestly didn't want to loose my reputation as being a good student.

"Hey babe,"Sam says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Hi,"I respond.

"Want to hang out today?"he asks.

"May I remind you that my mom doesn't want me seeing you,"I say.

"Just sneak out or I can come to your house,"he suggests.

"My mom would definitely catch you at my house and I've never snuck out out before,"I say.

"Just say that you're going to Gemma's,"he says.

"Well, I guess I could do that,"I shrug.

"Great! Be at my house by 4:00 and wear something sexy,"he smirks then winks.

"Oh... okay,"I say.

He walks away and I get to my locker. Since there isn't any homework I don't need my backpack so I leave it in my locker. I close my locker and walk down the hall to the doors. I couldn't see Sam so I just keep walking to my house. I take out my earbuds and phone to listen to music. I scroll through my songs and play Victorious by Panic! At the Disco.

Once I reach my house I stop my music and put my phone in my pocket.

"I'm home!"I yell just in case my mom is back from work but no one answered. Not shocking at all.

I check the time and see that it's 3:15.

Shit I need to get ready.

Sam said he wanted me to wear something sexy but I honestly don't know why of we're just hanging out at his house but, whatever. I look through my closet and find a red strapless dress that goes about mid thigh. I put it on and look at myself in the mirror.

Perfect.

I find a pair of pink or tannish high heels. I haven't seen these things in forever or I hope they still fit. I slide my foot into one of them and they surprisingly still fit.

Next, is my makeup. I'm not going to put a lot on though probably just a little blush, mascara, and lip gloss. I apply everything into my face and look at myself on the mirror again. As I'm looking at myself I hear the door bell ring.

I rush down the stairs as quickly as I can with these high heels on. I open the the door.

"Hey baby,"Sam says.

"H- hi I thought I was going to your house,"I say.

"Change of plans we're going to a party,"he says.

"A p- party? But, the last one I went to I got beaten to death and I don't want that to happen again,"I say.

"Trust me it won't,"he assures.

"Positive?"I ask.

"Positive,"he nods.

"Ok..."I trail off.

"So are you ready?"he asks.

"Sure,"I shrug.

He moves out of the way so I can get past him and we walk to his car. He opens the door for me and I get in. He gets in and starts the engines then we head off to the party.

"So where is this party?"I ask.

"At my friends Reed's house,"he says with his eyes glued on the road.