Chapter 2

The school day went by fast. But all day I couldn't stop thinking about Sam. Like I can't believe he actually talked to me! But he was probably just being nice. If he knew who I actually was he wouldn't go anywhere near me. I mean maybe it was a dare to talk to me I mean... you never know.

I walked into my last class. Sam was in all of my classes but he's never really talked to me. He usually sits in the way back with a of his friends and a couple of sluts. I sit in the front with my friends Gemma so if he did want to talk to me it would be pretty hard to.

"Oh my gosh Madilyn, guess what,"Gemma say as I sit down.

"What?"I ask.

"This really cute guy asked me out this morning!"she squeals. Gemma always gets asked out. She's like one of the popular kids but doesn't really act like it. She's nice to everyone and doesn't dress slutty. I still don't know how she's my friends because of how popular she is but she hangs out with me more than her other friends.

"Oh cool who is it?"I ask.

"His name is Colby,"she says.

"Wait you mean Sam's best friend?"I ask.

"I dunno,"she shrugs.

"It probably is,"I say.

"Hmm... I'll have to ask him or something,"she says.

"Ok class please take your seats,"Ms.Schneider say walking into the classroom. Sam walks in a little after she says that and he sits right behind me. Right. Fucking. Behind. Me.

The class went by fast. As I was walking out of the class Sam was standing at the door. I glanced at him and saw him wink at me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my face turned red.

"Madilyn, did you see Sam wink at you,"she asks excitedly.

"Yeah,"I say shyly.

"You don't seem very excited. If he did that to me I would've screamed,"she exaggerates.

"Yeah well I know he's just trying to be nice. There's no way he likes me... not even as a friend,"I say.

"We'll see I guess,"she shrugs.

"How exactly will we see?"I ask.

"Well, since I know how to tell if a guy likes you I could see if he shows any signs,"she says.

"Last time you said that a guy likes me we found out that he completely hates me,"I say crossing my arms.

"That was in 5th grade! Trust me I know everything about guys now,"she says.

"You don't know everything,"I roll my eyes.

"Pretty much,"she says.

"I dunno if I can trust you,"I say nervously.

"Come one Madilyn, don't you want a boyfriend?"she asks.

"Well yeah but someone like Sam wouldn't want to be mine. Also if he found out what I have he would never like me,"I explain.

"Well maybe he won't care about it,"I say.

"I dunno I need to think about it,"I say.

"Think about what? Sam Golbach is one of the hottest guys in school!"she says.

"I know,"I whisper looking down at the floor.

"Well I guess you can think but if you say no I'm sending you to a mental hospital,"she jokes.

"Ok. Maybe you should find a few just in case,"I joke back.

The bell rings signaling school was over for the day.

"Well I'll talk to you later,"Gemma says walking to her locker.

"Ok,"I say. I grab my homework and close my locker. I walk down the hall and I look at Sam with his friends. As I pass by him I notice his eyes are glued to me. I look down and cover my face with my books.

Sam's POV
I watched as Madilyn walked by. Like usual she hid her face.

"Mhm... yeah..."I answer my friends while still looking at her.

"Sam..."Colby says waving a hand in front of my face,"Where were you staring at Madilyn?"

"I- I wasn't,"I lie.

"You better not have. She doesn't deserve any attention from us,"he says.

"Right I know that,"I say.

After awhile of talking with my friends outside Gemma comes over and stands next to Colby.

"Hey,"he says putting an arm around her waist.

"Hi,"she says then kissing him.

"Well I think I'm going to go,"I say.

"Ok,"Colby says.

I decided to go to the beach. As I walked in I saw someone who looked a lot like Madilyn. I walked closer to the person and figured out that it was Madilyn. I sit next to her and she instantly looks at me.

"Hi,"I smile.

"H-hi,"she stutters looking down at the ground.

"Nice day huh?"I ask.

"Y-yeah,"she mumbles.

"I'm glad it's almost summer,"I comment.

"Me t-too,"she says.

"Why do you seem nervous?"I ask.

"Because you're the Sam Golbach. You're like the most popular guy in school,"she explains looking at me.

"Well Colby is more popular than me,"I say.

"Yeah but you're still popular. I don't even know why you're talking to someone like me,"she says.

"Someone like you? What do you mean?"I ask.

"A nobody,"she whispers.

"You think you're a nobody?"I ask.

"I don't think, I know,"she says.

"No you're not,"I say.

"Yes I am. I know that you're just pitying me or something and I'm not appreciating it,"she says.

"No I'm not,"I say.

"You don't need to lie. I got to go... I have homework,"she says getting up.

"Oh ok,"I mumble. Why would she think I was just pitying her?
____________________________
Hey guys! I finally made a real chapter and hope you enjoyed it. Please vote and comment.