Chapter 4

Sam's POV
I was so happy that Madilyn was going to the party. Hopefully she won't feel as much as a nobody as she think she is. I hope Colby won't get mad a me for inviting her. He completely hates her and almost kills me every time I look at her. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone.

Gemma:Madilyn just told me you invited her to a party!!!!! Is that true?!

Me:Yeah...

Gemma:I know you liked her

Me:Who said I liked her?

Gemma:Well it's obvious

Me:How?

Gemma:Well I see you talk to her all the time or look at her. Also she told me that you guys talked at the beach

Me:Well she didn't seem to happy to see me

Gemma:She told me what happened but trust me she likes you. She's just afraid that you won't like her because of what she has

Me:what does she have?

Gemma:I can't tell you. If you guys get really close she might tell you

Me:Ok... well I'm going to go to sleep

Gemma:K see you at school

I didn't answer her and put my phone down. I get ready for bed. Once I'm ready I get into bed.

Madilyn's POV
*Skip to Morning*

I wake up to my alarm going off. I roll over to my side and turn it off. I get out of bed and get my clothes. I go into the bathroom and get ready for the day. Once I'm ready I walk downstairs and get breakfast.

"Hey sweetie,"my mom says.

"Hi,"I say.

"Any plans today besides school?"she asks.

"Surprisingly yes I got invited to a party,"I say.

"Really?"she asks excited.

"Yup,"I nod.

"That's so exciting! What time is it?"she asks.

"It starts at 9:30 and ends at 12:00,"I say.

"That late? On a school night? I don't think you should go,"she says.

"Mom I'll be fine,"I say.

"Ok. I guess I trust you enough to still go to school tomorrow and do great,"she says.

"Thanks mom,"I say.

"Mhm,"she hums.

"Is dad coming back home today?"I ask.

"I dunno,"she shrugs.

My dads been gone for weeks. I missed him so much. When I was younger he traveled a lot so I'm kind of used to him not being around but I want him home at some point.

I soon finish eating. I grab my backpack and my books. I get into my car and drive to school.

I walk into the school and go to my locker.

"Madilyn you're going to the party tonight?"she squeals clapping her hands.

"Uh yeah,"I say grabbing my things for math.

"I can't believe this,"she says.

"Believe what?"I ask.

"That you're going to a party,"she says.