Chapter Six

"Ally! I'm so happy you're here, Camz is practically popping and I'm so scared." Lauren panted as she dragged Ally's luggage into the building.

"Oh Lo, you're going to be great, there's no need for doubts." Ally patted Lauren's back, reaching up on her tiptoes. Always one to comfort.

"God no, that's not what I'm worried about, I'm worried about Camila, she is going to be unbearable in labour, I just want to make sure everything's ready for her, fuck the baby, they have that nice room they're going to. But Camz is just...soo picky." Lauren ranted.

Ally took a flight from Texas as soon as she got off the phone with Lauren. Truthfully, she was already on the plane when she made the call, there was no way she was going to miss the birth of her godchildren. It didn't help that she just knew that Normani and Dinah were going to claim best Godparent seeing as they live in New York too, but Ally had come prepared with two suitcases full of baby toys and the odd portrait of herself to hide around the room. (Her personal favourite was a giant, shining sun with her face in the middle that she planned to hang between the cribs, while Camila and Lauren are at the hospital.) There is no way that those children were not going to love her and she was going to make damn well sure of it.

"Hi Camila, how have y'all been?" She called out when she got into the apartment. Her eyes immediately narrowed when she looked through the apartment, over a sleeping Camila, to see Normani in the babies' room fastening a portrait of Normani and Dinah posing like Jack and Rose, right in her designated sun spot.

"Normani, stop that right now!" She demanded shuffling over.

"No, these children will love us the most!" She called back blocking the door and pushing Ally away.

"Guys, you are not to decorate my nugget's bedroom, we worked hard on that, you two," she pointed for emphasis, "are not to meddle with it, now get out." She motioned and they both scrambled out.

Lauren walked in to see the damage made by her best friend only to find Dinah standing guiltily behind the curtain with 'Norminah' stickers stuck to her face, hand and the majority of the walls.

Lauren strides up to her fuming, "Dinah Jane, what do you think you're doing, you can't just deface someone's bedroom like this." She shouted, pulling Dinah away by the ear.

"Ow, ow, ow. Stop Lauren, we want your baby to love us. And it's not like you and Camila didn't completely deface my room when you both came to stay in high school. I swear, that was nasty." Dinah pointed out, rubbing the side of her head.

Lauren sighed in defeat as Camila snored herself awake and looked around confused.

"What are you all doing? Were you just watching me sleep?" Camila cringed looking at her friends.

"No, princess, not everything is about you." Lauren replied, affectionately wiping a bit of drool from the corner of Camila's mouth.

"I like it when you call me princess." Camila mumbled in to Lauren's shoulder before looking back up, "Don't ruin it for me, call me butt face or something when you're going to be mean." She said pointedly before giving Lauren a little slap.

"Abuse! Abuse! Mani, Camren have abuse in their relationship, they're not perfect, hah, now we're the best. High five me babe." Dinah laughed out, becoming giddy at the thought.

Normani slapped her hand before laughing with her fiancée.

"Guys, I discussed it with Jesus and he said that, that wasn't abuse. He also made a side comment that because I'm so holy, Will and I are the best couple. And I mean Jesus doesn't lie." Ally called out from the kitchen, causing everyone to boo and a chorus of 'Allysin' from Dinah.