Chapter Three

"Mate, I'm so glad you're back, how was tour?" Brad leapt from his seat to greet his room mate.

"It was so good, you would have loved it! I swear Brad. Hot girls, everywhere. It's a shame your such a crap singer bro." Tristan laughed as he clapped Brad on the back.

"Tris, that's not why I left the band, you know that, I was great, our manager just told me that if I left he would pay me double. But he told me like ten times I sounded freaking awesome. How could I have said no?" Brad asked cluelessly, fist bumping himself at getting the better deal.

Tristan just laughed as he settled back into his home, purposefully dragging out his unpacking as he could see Brad bouncing next to him obviously waiting for his attention. He laughed as he walked passed an expectant Brad to the shower, spending an extended amount of time in the bathroom, and then watching him on his way out again. After about an hour he thought he had tortured the poor boy enough.

"Brad, seriously what is it, you're making me come out in hives with how you're acting." He said flopping down onto the sofa.

"Tris, I found a girl, like a real one this time, I hope..." He trailed off as he thought about his last girlfriend.

"That's great mate, where did you meet her?"

"You know how you said we were getting new neighbours? Well one of them is one hundred percent my soulmate." He stated dreamily. "She's got these eyes Tris, they are the most amazing eyes I've ever seen, I swear. And I can't say the rest of her is too shabby, you know?"

Tristan just stared at him with one eyebrow raised in disbelief, is this guy serious?

"Yeah, well she is so hot, like super hot. The only problem is she has this really porky roommate, who is like 13 months pregnant or something. Like she looks like a emu or something. You know, that big? Sometimes I physically can't see round her to look at Lauren and I have to look at her, it's just a shame there's such an ugo living with her" Brad sighed as he dived on to the sofa beside Tristan.

Tristan had so many things he needed to address in Brad's statement, starting with...

"Dude, an emu?"

"You know, the massive grey ones with the trunks that are so fucking fat you could sit on them?" Brad gestured, swinging his arm in front of his nose.

" Brad, we've been through the animals, that's why I bought that movie, the one with the trunk is an elephant." Tristan explained.

"Eh, same difference."

"And Brad, our new neighbours are totally gay."

"What!? No! If you saw Lauren you would not say that. There is no way she is not into guys. The hippo, maybe." Brad considered the idea.

"They live in a two bedroom flat and are expecting a baby, that sounds pretty coupley to me Brad." Tristan pointed out.

"You don't know them, you can't just make judgements like that, Lauren told me Camila was her best friend, she  talked about a terrible date she had with a guy in high school! That sounds pretty straight to me" Brad got progressively angrier, standing up and pacing.

"Brad, I think you missed the key point..." Brad sent him a questioning look. "That she realised men weren't for her and became gay?" He suggested.