Chapter One

Brad had heard the word spreading round that he was getting some new neighbours in the building, just a floor below. with a lack of new faces around the place Brad rushed down the stairs to try to find out about the people who were to be living under his feet for the next few years.  Going two steps at a time, and trying to peer out the window, he barely had time to register someone coming the opposite direction, before knocking into them and flying the rest of the way down the stairs, head first.

"I am so sorry, shit, I completely did not see you there." Brad heard from his place face down on the stairs, with his legs strewn across a few steps and his arm tucked beneath him. Groaning, he tried to peer up and look at the source of the voice, only to slump back down onto the step.

"U-uh I'm fine, seriously, I can get up, just give me like five minutes to lie here." He replied to the woman, as he tried to unhook his foot from the bannister and stand up, hoping that this was not his first encounter with his new neighbour. He heard a light giggle, causing his heart to flutter, before the girl spoke again.

"Um I am Lauren by the way, we just moved here, to the building, not the stairs obviously, though they do seem to be rather comfortable, the amount of time you're spending down there."

Finally, standing up once again Brad finally got a look at Lauren, and he swore he fell in love right then, or at least with her eyes. The glowing green was the first thing he noticed, it was as if they were staring straight through him. Blushing furiously, he scrambled to keep his composure as Lauren just giggled behind the box she was holding.

"Hi, the name's Brad, it's lovely to meet you, I'm a neighbour. Do you need some help with your, uh, boxes?" Brad asked in a cool tone, blowing his little quiff out of his face.

" Oh my god thank you, Camila swears that she's only capable of carrying the food and the pillows, so I was going lug all of these up to the apartment alone." Lauren sighed as she put down the box to pick up later.

"I'll show you to the van, you will probably meet Camila if she's not busy finding the nearest pizza place. Do you know where one is by the way?"

"Oh yeh sure, it's just three blocks around the corner, are you guys new to New York or have you tasted the pizza here before? I can show you place later if you want? It's one of those hole in the wall, but super amazing, hard to find places, you know." Brad trailed off as he awkwardly chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"That sounds awesome, but maybe a rain check on that, the unpacking will probably take up our whole evening, but when we settle in that sounds great, we will probably be having like a 'moving in' party in the next few days, so some time after that would be cool." Lauren casually chatted as they made their way to the van.

Brad grabbed a box from the van, unknowingly trying to pull out the heaviest box there. Huffing from exertion, he placed it back on the ground again trying to catch his breath, and sighing in relief that Lauren hadn't caught him unable to lift a box. Reaching for a smaller, and hopefully lighter box, he heard someone clear their throat.

"Excuse me, what are you doing in my van, oh my gosh are we getting robbed? Lauren! Come save me." Brad heard as he turned around, expecting to meet this Camila he had heard about but being faced with a heavily pregnant brunette girl, who look entirely unhappy to see him anywhere near her belongings.

"Camz, calm down, this is Brad, our neighbour. He's going to help with the boxes seeing as you are so fucking useless."

"Um Lo, unless you thought I just gained 40 pounds, I am seven months pregnant here." Camila replied, rubbing her stomach. "I'm going to go to our new apartment and lie on the hard ass floor seeing as you haven't moved in any furniture yet."