Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment

Author's note: Sheep- I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy over these few months. So I guess uploads won't be as frequent BUT! I'll try my best to upload at least once a week unless, you know, when exam approaches. So anyway, here's chapter 45. We've seen how B5 recruits their members, so yup, in this chapter, you'll see how Mandy recruits people.

Chapter 45 – Bitch Recruitment

Mandy:

There was cheerleading today. As I entered the locker rooms, I spied Shelly and Tiffany in one corner talking to one another. I walked towards them, “What’s up guys?”

“Oh nothing.” Tiffany replied.

“No seriously, what happened?” I asked.

Shelly looked to me, “Tiffany, tell her.”

Tiffany sighed, “There’s this new girl. A freshman, her name’s Melissa. She’s the new bitch in her cohort.”

“How?” I asked in curiosity.

“Well, for starters she would sit with her clique and asked if anyone wanted to hear the latest gossips in school. Secondly, she’s good friends with Melody but truthfully, she hates her.” Tiffany continued.

“Well, that seems familiar…” Shelly murmured. I can’t believe she’ll say that of me.

I gave her the you-better-shut-up-or-I’ll-get-you look and she exclaimed, “Hey! I was only kidding!”

Seriously, no matter what Shelly does, I don’t think I can ever hate her.

“Okay, what else?” I looked back to Tiffany.

“Oh, her dad is a famous architect while her mum is a fashion designer. So she gets all the latest trends. Not to mention that she is in cheerleading as well.” Tiffany ended.

Hmm… This Melissa seems interesting… She seems like a potential candidate for our clique. And even better, she’s in cheer leading. Why does it always seem like the popular bitches are all from cheer leading. And yes, I just admitted that I’m a bitch, a popular one.

I got changed into my cheerleading outfit and made my way to soccer field. I pulled Shelly and Tiffany closer to me and whispered, “Which one of them is Melissa? I’m planning to get her into our clique.”

“Oh God, why?” Shelly asked.

“Well, because she has bitch material and that’s what we need.” I retorted.

Tiffany pointed to a girl with long, straight blonde hair. I walked towards Melissa and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and I stared into her green eyes. She’s not very tall but I guess she’ll do.

“Hi, I’m Mandy, Mandy McDonald. I’m the captain of the cheerleading squad. I’m sure you have heard of me around school.” I smiled.

She smiled back and replied, “Yeah, I have heard of you. What’s up?”

“Oh nothing, I just want to introduce myself. I guess I’ll be expecting to see you around more often.” I raised my eyebrow and walked away from her.

The next day at recess I was queuing behind Melissa’s friend.

“You shouldn’t eat that, Melody.” She commented.

So that’s Melody? Melody is so much taller than her.

“You know what? You should go find a table. I’ll choose your food.” She ordered.

Melody walked away and Melissa was now in front of me. She saw me and smiled. I flashed a smile back and decided to take this opportunity to get her to our side.

“Is that who you always mix with?” I asked.

“Not exactly. I have four other friends but their recess time isn’t now. She’s the one that has every recess slot with me.” She replied.

“You know you’re not going to go far with a girl like her by your side.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“I know you are a popular girl but if you want to be even more popular, that girl ain’t gonna get you anywhere. You need even better company. You know, like me.”

She nodded her head, “Yeah I do want to get even more popular and yes, I kinda figured that Melody won’t do me any good.”

“There you go. People are going to call you a bitch like how they call me, but trust me, I rather be a bitch than a loner with no friends in school. I have a status here. If you join me, I’m sure you’ll way more popular than what you are now.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“So what do you say? Join us? You know there’s no backing out if you do.”

“Thanks, I’ll consider it.” She replied before taking her trays and leaving.

I watched her as she left. Great, this is too perfect. Now we have someone to feed us with the gossips that happen among the freshmen. You should know that even for a person like me who has spies all around school, getting freshmen news ain’t easy. Well now, things have just gotten a lot easier.

Melissa:

Maybe Mandy is right. I know Melody isn’t some girl that will get me more popular than I already am. Besides, Melody has no social status in school. If I get with Mandy, she’ll be a definite popularity boost. I actually think I’m the first freshman she ever asked. I guess this is quite of a rare opportunity for the most popular girl in the school to personally ask me to join them.

If I join Mandy, not only would the freshmen around school know, but probably the sophomores, juniors and seniors too.

Hmmm… I think I should take it.

Just think about it. Mandy is a senior. She’s graduating this year. She mixes with Shelly and Tiffany who are both juniors. After these two juniors graduated, I’ll be the one dominating the clique and I’ll recruit my own people. This sounds like a really long plan but it’s worth the wait.