Chapter 24- The Game

Author's note: Sheep- Match is finally here! They're on to the qualifying rounds but they got one tough opponent. :/ Uh oh. ENJOY!!!

Chapter 24- The Game

Michelle:

Finally, what we’ve been training so hard for. The day has arrived. I’m really hoping we make it into the semifinals this time round. Tonight’s competition will be tough, McKinley vs. Heather’s Academy for Girls.

Honestly, I’m not looking forward to the match, but at the same time I’m looking forward to the sleepover at Andrea’s after the game.

Although this would be the qualifying rounds, if we make it through we are one step closer to getting into the semifinals.

In the locker rooms, Mr. Burns gave us a team talk.

“Girls, tonight’s game is crucial and I know we have a tough opponent, we have to get through this. Although your seniors lost to them six years ago, in those six years, anything can happen. The team changes, I know this team has a very strong bond, so please, do your best. Whatever the score may be, don’t give up.”

That was so motivational.

In the team, were Avery, Cassandra, Christine, Fiona, Jessica, Lynette, Natasha, Natalie, Victoria and, I. I was surprised with Avery and Victoria’s performance to get selected. What can I say? Mr. Burns saw potential in them.

We made our way to the stadium.

The supporters for the different schools sat at different parts of the stadium. McKinley girls sat on the left and Heather’s girls sat on the right.

As we entered the stadium, the girls on the left stood up and cheered wildly. All this cheering made me even more nervous.

My heart began to pound faster and I looked over to Jessica. “Confident of today’s match?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, “They look pretty tough…”

I turned to look at our opponent. They shot us fearful glares as they huddled together in a bunch.

We huddled up together. Mr. Burns said, “Okay, tip off. They have a tough player, she’s tall but she has no stamina. Don’t underestimate, let her get the ball and that’s it for us.”

Mr. Burns looked to Natasha, “Natasha, all you have to do, it stick to her. Never ever let her get the ball.”

Natasha nodded her head and he looked to me, “Michelle, I want you to support Jessica. When you get the chance, forget your opponent, go for the ball.”

I replied, “Yes, sir.”

We walked out to court and got into positions.  Christine, Fiona, Jessica, Natasha and I were the first five to play.