Sixteen

A/N: should I make this book long or short ? I'm thinking long...

  It was Friday. Three days had successfully passed since the odd conversation with Kian in math class.

It was surprisingly easy to avoid Kian. Maybe that was because Kian was avoiding him as well.

Oh well, that didn't hurt Jc.

In fact he was ecstatic that the days had gone back to normal. No off schedule, life-threatening, motorcycle rides.

Things were going great without Kian there to annoy him, although he was still on crutches for a couple more days,  but overall life was organized.

Lia had been helping him get around to all his classes, but this time Jc had made sure to arrive once there were other students in the classroom. He didn't want to be stuck in a classroom alone with Kian again.

"Caylen!" The teacher called out. 

"I know this is last minute, but do you mind staying after school to help grade papers? I trust you enough in the honesty category," Mr. Jackson asked.

The word about Jc getting in trouble at the honor roll party had spread to the teachers like wildfire.

Thankfully, some of them still trusted him and he would forsure not let them down again. As student body president it was his duty to be a responsible leader.

So with these thoughts Jc gave a clear "Yes sir," and limped out of the classroom with Lia by his usual side.

"Are you sure you want to stay after-school with your inability to walk much?" Lia seemed hesitant about this.

"I'll be fine," Jc assured.

"Of course you choose the day where I have somewhere to be right after-school so I can't give you a ride," Lia rolled her eyes jokingly.

"I'll find a ride, probably Connor or Ricky," Jc nodded, sure of his plans.

"Okay, I better go catch the bus before it leaves me, love you baby," she said sweetly, placing a small kiss onto his forehead. It was nice. So why did it feel strangely unfamiliar?

Jc brushed it off as nothing, just waved her goodbye and promised he'd text her before he went to bed.

Jc waited until all the students had left to grade the stack of papers. There were only two papers he wasn't allowed to touch and that was his, for obvious reasons.

The other paper he wasn't allowed to grade was Kian's. Jc wasn't even going to deny that he would probably make some ... negative changes to Kian's papers if he got ahold of them.

Everyone knew how much they hated each other so it wasn't much of a big surprise to Jc that he wasn't trusted with Kian's homework.

***

Jc marked the wrong answers with the red pen the teacher had loaned him, he speedily got through the stack of papers. Though he also didn't want to finish too early since the hours he spent here would be added to his volunteer hours sheet.

He packed up his things once finished, writing a note to the teacher that said 'he had marked all the papers and that he would bring his volunteer hours form to have it signed tomorrow.'

Jc then collected his crutches, placing them in their usual spot, under his arms. It was hard to walk with the crutches and hold his things all at the same time, Jc realized. He was panting by the time he had made it to the front of the school's entrance.

He took out his phone, going through his contacts until he made it to the 'r' section and he had clicked on Ricky's contact, ringing him several times, but every call ended with the voice message box.