Thirteen

A/N: thank you to everyone who voted and commented on the last chapter, it kept me motivated :)

The next morning was better.

Lia and Jc went on the bus as usual, unfortunately Kian was there too, but he surprisingly didn't bother Jc which Jc found odd.

He looked tired which could've been why he didn't have the energy to annoy Jc that morning.

Whatever the reason, it was a relief to Jc.

Lia had also been acting weird lately, she was being extra touchy and Jc wasn't complaining just curious.

The whole day overall was going smoothly, thankfully.

But nothing is perfect as they say.

There was two periods left until school ended and usually Jc would wait for school to end before going to the restroom just in case he missed anything, but he really needed to go this time.

Jc raised his hand, patiently waiting for the teacher to call on him.

"Yes Mr.Caylen?" The science teacher called on him, pointing at Jc, an indication for him to speak.

"May I use the restroom?" He asked, his leg going up and down.

The teacher looked kind of shocked that he asked that. Everyone knew missing class was the last thing Jc wanted to do.

But she nodded nevertheless, dismissing Jc to the bathroom.

Jc thanked her then hastily got up from his seat, quietly slipping out of the room.

He rushed to the bathroom, thankfully it wasn't too far away.

Jc's plan was to quickly do his business then get to back to class as soon as possible.

And so no later than a few minutes and Jc was out of the restroom and back toward the classroom.

He placed his hand against the door knob into the class but was interrupted by a sudden breaking of glass.

His head whipped toward the noise and there stood a hooded figure a good distance away from him.

Far enough away to where the person wouldn't notice Jc unless he made a loud noise.

The person was holding a large bat-like object that you could probably find in the gym.

But what concerned Jc the most was that the person had just broken the glass to where the fire alarm was.

Was there a fire? Jc panicked.

"Hey!" Jc shouted out at the person just as they pulled the alarm.

A sudden blaring sound came from the speakers, almost causing Jc to go deaf.

The person in the distance looked up at the speakers than he took off, seemingly in a rush to get out of the hall.

By now Jc was confused and he could tell the students in the classroom were too.

They all started to get up from their seats, but stopped once the intercom came on and told everyone that no fire seemed to be going on.

"We might still need to go outside! We aren't forsure! This isn't a drill boys and girls!" The principle said, trying to remain calm, but failed miserably.