"No problem," I spoke softly. "Get some sleep," I urged. Ruby was about to insist she wasn't tired before I interupted. "Please. Lay on my lap if you want, just get some rest."Ruby placed the small plane pillow on my lap before laying down and resting her head on the pillow. Leaning down, I placed a kiss on her flushed cheek, feeling those damn butterflies when her lips curled into a slight smile- a pleasing contrast to her current emotions. I sat back up and tried to wind down, putting on my music. Ruby was asleep within minutes, her hair falling in a domino effect upon her face. Cautiously, I brushed the hair away, tucking it behind her ear. I was exhausted myself and my heavy eyelids eventually got the better of me.

--------------------- RUBY'S POV -------------------------

I woke up to the muffled growl of the plane engine. Sitting up from Luke's legs, I looked around to find most of the other passengers, including Luke, asleep. He looked so peaceful, his earphones in and his phone in his hand. I knew his music would eventually wake him up and after everything he was doing for me I decided he could definitely do with the sleep. With my eyes glued to his face making sure he didn't stir, I took his phone from his hand, double clicking the home screen to stop his music. I admired his home screen, a photo of us by his pool no more than a few weeks ago. I put his phone on the arm rest next to him. I could see the air hostess coming towards us with a filled cart of food and as much as I didn't really want to wake Luke, I knew he would be mad if I didn't and he missed out on his meal.

"Luke," I whispered, lightly shaking his shoulder. He stirred but still stayed asleep."Babe, wake up." I said without thinking. Luke's eyes fluttered open in disbelief and confusion.

"What did you say?"

"Foods here," I quickly corrected myself, and if i wasn't in my current emotional state, who know what would've just happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I smelt breakfast and rolled sleppily to my side to see the clock. 7:00 am. Mum always cooked breakfast at this time, and one of the benefits of being home was that she had most probably made some for me- except I wasn't hungry. Today was the funeral, and even though I'd had some time to somewhat recover from the horrid news, I was still dreading this day. I wrapped myself in my duvet and walked sleepily into the spare room where Luke was. I stood at the door. He had just woken up aswell, rubbing his tired eyes and folding them behind his head. I continued my half sleep walk into the room and crawled up next to him. The old but familiar feeling of his arms hugging me close to his bare chest comforted me.

"You okay?" Luke whispered, his voice raspy and deep.

"I guess." I concluded.

"Just think, today and the hardest part is over. Then it just takes time." he told me confidently.

"I'm so exhausted." I spoke, my lips against his collarbone. Luke's fingers tightened nervously on my hip at my touch. My eyes ran across Luke's chest and along his opposite arm. The ink that marked his skin showed how much had changed, I didn't particualarly like tattoos all that much, but Luke's always interested and attracted me.

"Ruby," Luke said, my name rolling off his tongue so effortlessly.

"Not now," I already knew what was coming.

"Be with me," he breathed out in a whisper.

"Luke," I tried to protest but was beaten by Luke's lips pressed lazily on mine.

"Breakfast!" Mum called loudly, startling me. I sat up and raked my fingers through my hair. Standing up, I walked towards the door in a daze.

"You have to stop doing that." I pointed at Luke, trying to keep a straight face. I walked downstairs and heard my brother talking to someone.

"We have a guest," mum pointed out the obvious. I craned my neck around to find none other than Ryan.

"Ry," I said in suprising relief. I was happy to see someone who was going through the same as me. Of all people, Ryan would be the one to know how I felt, he was just as close if not closer to Immy.

"Sorry I wasn't here sooner-"

"I understand." he half smiled. He looked just as worn out as I was.

"How is everyone?" I asked cautiously.

"Pretty torn up." he replied.

"Stupid question." I muttered to myself.

"You two had better get ready soon," mum said, putting a hand on each of our shoulders. We both nodded and looked at each other.

"I'll see you there Rubes," Ryan tried to pull out a smile. Once Ryan had gone, I took my mums advice and took my time getting ready. As much as I loved being home, I hated the reason for it and I wished I could just get back to my everyday life.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We had just arrived back in LA and I couldn't have been happier. I needed some normality back in my life. Luke and I caught a taxi back to my place where I dumped all of my stuff. A week and a half we had spent non stop with each other, and I would never admit it but I would really miss his company all the time. My mind constantly kept considering risking everything for another go at our relationship while everyone else told me to get over it and move on. I was completely torn. Luke helped carry my bags upstairs.

"Do you want me to go home with you?" I offered.

"No its fine, just get settled back in. I'll stop by later with some groceries" he told me.

"Luke you don't have to do that." I was almost embarassed by his generosity.

"Let me look after you for once." he begged.

"You've looked after me for almsot two weeks straight."

"Stop arguing, I'll be back later." Luke was argumentative and hard to persuade out of things so I just shut up.

"Hey!" I called as he was about to leave. Luke turned around. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Thank you so much. You are incredible."

"It was nothing," he teased, hugging me back.

"It was definitely something. I really appreciate it." I beamed. Luke let go of me and grinned.

"No worries." he spoke softer than before. "Your fridge is calling for a clean out before the new delivery." he winked. I groaned loudly in disguist before attending it. Luke said his goodbyes and the door closed. Then he was gone. It was silent and lonely- I missed Luke already.