[5] Sunset

Demi's PoV

"The sunset is so beautiful

Orange, yellow and pink mixed together like a work of art only to fade out into the dark blue night sky.

It's my favourite thing to do. To watch as the sun hits the ground and the sky turn into the most beautiful artwork the nature have ever made.

I watch it every night. It gives me peace and happiness for a moment that helps me go through the next day until the next sunset.

I had never loved and adored something more than the sunset until I met you.

Your eyes shines like the brightest stars and your smile would make God himself bow.

Your beauty makes the colors in the sunset look weak and you're the most beautiful human I have ever laid my eyes on.

You're intelligent, kind and brave.
No matter who you meet or how they treat you, you're always nice and you treat them with respect even if they don't respect you.

You're always honest and you always tell me if something is wrong or if you're not feeling good.

You don't only light up my day, but you light up my life.

You're the only thing I see, you're what I'm thinking about when I wake up and when I fall asleep.

You are my world, my galaxy and my source of life and happiness.

Without you I'm nothing and no-one.
You're all I want and ever wanted.

I can see us two together as we watch our beautiful grandkids grow up and you will still be the only one on my mind.

I love you to infinity and my love will never die for you. I will love you until I'm 6ft under and even after that I will love you.

You are all I want and all I need.

Please let me try to make you as happy as you make me.
Let me love you as much as I do.
Let me show you how wonderfully amazing you are.
Let me give you everything you deserve.

Let me be the one who wakes up beside you every morning for the rest of our lives.

Let me marry you." I said as I was standing on one knee in front of her.

A moment passed before she said the word that I frightened the most.

"No."

-

It's been 60 years.

It's been 60 years since I asked her.

I was right.

My love for her was infinite. I never stopped loving her.

I haven't been able to look at the sunset in the same way as i used to because she is my sunset.

When I look at the stars at night, I think of her beautiful eyes.
When I look at the artwork of nature all I can see is her.

I tried to move on, I tried to find other people to love but no-one was or is like her.

I never loved anyone as I love her and it lead to me being alone.

Alone without anybody who loves me.
Alone with no kids.
Alone with no grandkids that I could watch grow up.
Just, alone.

I still think of her when I fall asleep and when I wake up, even though it's been 60 whole years.

It's been 60 years and she is still the only thing on my mind.

I remember her touch against my bare skin, her voice whispering in my ear, her light breaths as I watched her sleep, her body that never failed to amaze me.
I remember her.

I remember her last word. No.

I remember my world turning upside down and my heart crashing to the hard and cold pavement.

I remember the years I spent trying to forget about her.

I remember the tears I cried because of her.

I remember the drinks and the pills I took to forget about her.

I remember all the times I almost died because I couldn't live without her.

I remember her and every single detail about her because she was the only thing I ever cared about.

She was the only thing I wanted and needed.

And she still is.