[4] Imagine Me & You

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Felicia (demetriasbitch), go read her fanfic(s)!

Demi's PoV

The heartbreaking pain of losing someone you love.

You don't have to love them from the depths of your heart, if you care about someone then losing them is hard.

The knowledge that you won't ever hear them again, see them again or feel them again can make your heart twist and your stomach flip.

Knowing that they won't ever be able to live their life and achieve all the things that they wanted to achieve makes you question life itself and how little time you have to live.

Seeing a kid or a baby die is one of the worst things that you can experience in your life.

They have so much to live for, so many dreams and hopes for the future.

Losing someone you care about hurts so much and even if you have experienced it before you'll sooner or later forget how much it actually hurts. Until you get reminded again that will say.

Sometimes you feel like you're okay, like it all is getting better, but that's when it hits you again. It hits you like a punch in the face.

You get overwhelmed with the memory of them and the knowledge that there will never be any new memories.

The feeling of sadness takes over all of your body and holding back tears isn't even a choice anymore.

-

You know that you will get over it.

You know that sooner or later you will be able to bare the thought of them not being here anymore.

You know that you'll recover and you'll learn but you will never fully heal.

There will always be a scar, a memory of someone who once were a part of your life.

You know that it will hurt less sooner or later but it doesn't change what you're feeling now.

The knowledge of getting better doesn't make the pain any easier in the beginning.

Death is scary. It's so peaceful yet so horrifying and it can change your life forever.

-

We are all gonna lose someone that means something to us at least once in a lifetime.

I had the bad luck to loose the one that meant the most to me way too early.

It hurts so much. It hurts everyday, but I have to be strong. I have to be strong both for her and for our daughter.

Our beautiful daughter. She was too young to remember her mother, but I will dedicate my whole life to show her how amazing her mother was.

-

I played with her ring that was on my necklace with my fingers as I watched our wedding video.

I smiled as tears streamed down my face, the memory of her that day made a feeling of warmth and comfort spread in my whole body.

All that mattered was that she was happy as long as she lived even if it was way too short.

I doubt that I will ever love someone else again. A love like ours is just once in a lifetime.

I'm grateful for the time we got together, every single second, but that won't change how I felt when she died and how I still feel.

I'm hurting. I'm hurting every single day but I'm fighting. I'm fighting for her because that was what she wanted.

She wanted me to keep living. She wanted me to live for her and for our daughter.

I'm doing it all for her and I will never stop because my love for her is infinite, even if she's here to share it with me or not.