Blue With White Stars-- Twelve

* * *

Next day

* * *

"Are you sure it's ok for me to hold my small birthday here... In a place where Fourth of July isn't even an event?" America asked for reassurance from Moscow, who turned to look at Ukraine.

"As long as we hold the fireworks, that can wait until your back in your own country." The Ukrainian answers with a soft tone.

"Thanks! I'm so excited for the sweets!" The American nation exclaims with a cheerful jump.

"That's good, but could you maybe . . . Calm down a bit." Moscow suggests, earning a understandable nod from America.

She mumbles a thank you and England comes stumbling down the stairs, making loud groans as he did so.

"The British are coming . . . Surprisingly late." America whispers to the other nations next to him.

"Shush! Don't think I didn't hear that!" England shouts while trembling over to the three countries, who are holding in their laughter as much as they could.

Moscow, who typically lost at holding in her laughter, quickly changes the subject and clears her throat of the humor that was contained.

"Anyways, is Russia doing well?" She asks, bringing the Americans attention to the conversation.

"He said he's fine, he'll be downstairs in a moment or so." With that being mentioned, Ukraine takes a peek up the stairs, hoping to see her brother.

She didn't see him and Moscow pats her back, "You should go talk to him, this is the perfect opportunity."

Considering she has been isolated from her brother for so long, it's been a deep desire to see him once more. Belarus closed her doors and never came out for 3 days straight, though it was cold and dusky the whole time.

Now its hard to even to speak about the subject of Russia, knowing it would make their own little auras appear for a short time.

Ukraine walks up the long steps and continues hearing short prayers from the room at the end of the hallway. She was nervous, but that was only because she feared that Russia would snap at her, possibly angry about the soviet trios collapse.

She stops at the doorway of the room and takes a glance inside the room, pushing the door open slightly. Russia sat on his bed straight and looked out the bedroom window, unaware of his sister.

Ukraine opens the door all the way and Russia turns his focus to the ex-soviet nation that was now walking over to him.

"Russia!" Ukraine shouts in excitement before wrapping her arms around her brother. Russia flinched at her actions but immediately accepted the hug, knowing who the nation was right away.

The hug lasted for what seemed to be an eternity, but it was all worth it to see his sister again.

Ukraine pulled apart and smiled brightly at her brother, receiving the same expression from Russia. He was surprised yet enthusiastic.

Her smile went dull once her eyes caught the sight of a stitched cut on the Russians arm. She frowned and turned her gaze to the ground, feeling the atmosphere change back to the past.

"That cut... It was America, wasn't it?" Ukraine spoke in her concerned motherly voice.

Though Russia didn't want her to take things with America to the wrong level, he simply replied to her, following along with the sudden change of the feelings in the room.

"Da... It wasn't his fault however, I didn't listen." Ukraine sighs and sits next to Russia, "Every time you get involved with America, this is what happens. He's hurting you Russia, causing scars and cuts all over your body!" She yells with pity over America.

Russia pulls down his sleeves to cover the wound, giving Ukraine a clear sight of the faint red around his wrists. "You even have red on your wrists Russia, this isn't good for your health, you need to get him out of your country so then this doesn't happen all the time."

It's been a while since his aura has showed up, and now, it finally decided to show itself. A moment of silence pasts by the clock and Ukraine sighs, filled with both rage and sympathy.

"We're all poisoned with our own auras, Belarus is haunted by it every night, I'm poisoned by it in my mind, but I've never seen an aura like yours. Did America cause this?" She asks, ignoring not the fact that her tone is deeper.

Russia masks his voice with fake honesty and softly replies to his sister. "No, the Cold War started this, not America." Ukraine knew better not to fall for the lies and in surprise, she gave up her arguing. "I'll let you slip out of my hands for now, but I swear on my life Russia, I won't let that American nation hurt you more than he already has."

Ukraine and Russia sit in pure silence, both trying to comprehend that last statement. The aura fades away, leaving a permanent illusion in the Russians head.

He knew it was an illusion, but the content of the whole scene was something that disturbed him. Russia saw himself laying in the snow with scars and bruises all over his face and body, but it wasn't even that, it was the fact that America was standing a few inches away from him, watching as the nation breathes away his last words.

Though, Russia couldn't hear those last words, not like he wanted to hear them.

Ukraine realizes the darkness in the room and sighs with a smile, "I'm just happy to finally see you again after all this time, Russia."

She once again tightly hugs the Russian and earns a weak smile from her brother. However at the same time, she could feel Russia's torment reflecting off his body.

---------

Moscow looks at America, cheerfully grinning at the nation. "I'm glad you reunited Ukraine and Russia, this was extremely kind of you."

America chuckles brightly and turns his gaze down at the red carpeted floor. "I told you, I'd do anything to help somebody in need, I'll do anything to make Russia happy again."

* * *