Blue With White Stars-- Ten

* * * * *

For once in a life time, America actually got up earlier than both Russia and England. Well, it's probably because he's all pumped about his upcoming birthday. It's the time of year when he possess the most enthusiasm, the time when he honors those loyal souls who helped him.

On the other hand, this is the time of year where England regrets his life the most. Not literally, but he still regrets the war during the Fourth of July.

America strolls into the largest part of Moscow's house, in which is the old library that was once owned by Russia.

He peeks around some of the shelves and aisles to see if he was alone or not. Though it was silent, he still had the feeling that maybe Moscow was in the room with him.

He looks in the sitting room at the rear of the large house and sees Moscow writing in a journal. She notices the American nation in the corner of her eye and happily greets him with a wave and bright smile.

"I didn't expect you to get up this early, is there something bothering you?" Moscow asks in a smooth voice, closing the journal gently and pushing it to the side of the glass table.

"It's nothing actually, I'm just pumped about my birthday tomorrow night, it's another year of freedom for me!" America exclaims, unaware of his loud tone that echoed throughout the room.

Moscow continues to smile and she stands up from the wooden seat next to her. "I'm flattered to hear your enthusiasm, I wish my heart could possess the same kind of excitement as your does." She states, leaving America confused about her response.

Moscow was a capital with a calm, polite, and some what strict attitude; it's a little ironic that most of Russia's siblings have such a repercussion type problem with their history.

She shares the same type of figure as Hungary and her attitude could compare with England's in a few ways, but her past is related to Russia's.

Not wanting to make her remember anything horrific or terrible, America acts oblivious to the statement and grins cheerfully at the capital. "I'm always excited about this time of year, it gives me an excuse to drop tea on England's head."

Moscow giggles, "Your very patriotic, aren't you America. Besides that, are you planning to go back to your country sooner today? It's better to leave in the afternoon so then it's an easier trip."

"I didn't really think about that, I might stay here for my birthday so then it's less complicated on Russia." America replies, receiving another giggle from Moscow.

"You seem to really care about Russia, da?" Well, there's at least some truth to that claim.

America slightly shrugs, not exactly paying attention to the British nation who's eavesdropping on the conversation nearby.

Moscow realizes England's presence and cheerfully points him out, ruining his cover. "England, I didn't know you were awake, how did you sleep?" She begins, receiving a yawn from the Brit across from her.

"It was a little cold, but I got enough sleep as it is." He rubs his eyes and let's out another tiring yawn.

"Is Russia up yet?" America curiously asks the nation next to him. Yet again America is more concerned about Russia than the Brit.

With a sigh, England responds in a husky tone, "I'm sure you know the answer to that if he's not in this room right now."

Moscow shoots a glare at the British nation and England grunts, knowing his bratty attitude was pin pointed by the capital. "Fine... He's not feeling so well, I heard him coughing and gagging constantly last night in the other room. He'll feel better soon, so don't go all crazy over it." England admits, earning a smile from Moscow.

"Thank you for informing us England, I'll go check on him; you two stay here. I don't know if this sickness is contagious or not."

She walks passed England and gives a death stare at him, making it obvious that she's not happy about the attitude that he has.

Moscow leaves and goes up the wooden stairs, dedicating her focus on the slight gags coming from the guest room down the hallway.

England clears his throat and America rubs the back of his neck, feeling awkward from the pure silence in the room.

"Are you feeling ok?" The American breaks the silence.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." He responds with a grainy voice.

"I meant how are you doing knowing that my birthday is tomorrow night." America frowns at the British nation.

"Ah yes, the revolution . . . How could I forget that easily. I don't care anymore, your free . . . For now of course. You never know, maybe your freedom will end tomorrow, God would only know if that's true. It doesn't sicken me to think about it." England lies with a serious tone.

The American believes what he said and smiles brightly, "I'm so happy your not sick, I think this is a start to a healthy year, yes?" America exclaims cheerfully and England smiles at his ex-colony's lack of thinking.

"America! Could I speak to you for a moment please?" Moscow shouts from the top of the stairs.

America leaves the Brit alone in the sitting room and he sighs, watching as the American runs up the stairs to talk with Moscow.

'For an American who's grown up, how long will it take for him to stop being so oblivious to my actions towards him.'

England questions himself in his mind.

England walks over to the fire place in the corner of the room and spots a photo of the soviet trio. Just looking at that Russian made him want to throw the picture across the room and watch the glass break.

He hates to ask this when he sees Russia, but how much longer is he willing to wait for the Russian to finally break down . . . completely

* * * * *