Kirk

**This was requested by supernialler2918 Hope you enjoy! You requested show tunes and I don't know too many so lots of songs from Wicked. Cuz I love Wicked. Sorry if you don't like some of the songs I decided to put in! All the songs are not mine and belong to the original creators, they will be in italics.**

Being prisoners on a planet, kidnapped by an alien race, was not fun. You and Jim Kirk, your boyfriend were chained to a wall. The room was lit by a single outside window; sadly the sun was setting below the horizon and light was fading fast. Water or a liquid of some kind was dripping from the ceiling, the stone walls chilling to the touch.

"We need higher spirits, this is just sad." Jim remarked, the chains rattling as he moved. You sighed and nodded, trying to loosen your raw wrists on the cuffs.

"And how will we do that, James?" You snark, growing annoyed at yourself. You knew he was right about needing to cheer up; lightening the mood always helps in these situations.

"The trouble with schools is, they always try to teach the wrong lesson... Believe me, I've been kicked out of enough of them so knowww. They want you to become less callow, less.. shallow.." Jim started to sing, smirking over at you. You giggled, coincidentally with how the song goes. "But I say why invite stress in? Stop studying strife, and learn to live, the unexamined.. liiiiiiiiiffffe."

"Dancing through life, skimming the surface, gliding where turf is smooooth." You join in, your voices colliding together beautifully. "Life's more painless, for the brainless, why think too hard? When it's so soooothing, dancing through life, no need to tough it. When you can slough it  off as I doooo. Nothing matters, but knowing nothing matters. It's just life, so keep dancing throughhhhh."

You two sang till the song ended, laughing a ton. Jim really knew how to cheer people up and he wasn't stopping anytime soon. He really was a great singer, better than you could've imagined. Your voices managed to perfectly blend together into a fantastic symphony.

"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came. That voice which calls to me and speaks my name. And do I dream again for now I find, The Phantom of the opera is there, inside my mind." You sing, smirking over to Jim to pick up the male part of the song.

"Sing once again with me, our strange duet. My power over you, grows stronger yet. And though you turn from me, to glance behind. The Phantom of the opera is there, inside your mind.." Jim sang, waiting for you to pick it up again.

"Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear.."

"It's me they hear.."

"My spirit and my voice in one combined, the phantom of the opera is there, inside your mind." You both chorused, bursting into laughter before singing again to finish the song.

You two sang many songs, Defying Gravity, America, Don't Rain on my Parade, Summer Nights, Greased Lightning, and You're the One That I Want. Both of you were dozing off, but that didn't stop you from one more song.

"Maybe I'm brainless, maybe I'm wise. But you've got me seeing, through different eyes. Somehow I've fallen under your spell, and somehow I'm feeling, it's 'up' that I fell. Every moment. As long as you're mine, I'll wake up my body, and make up for last time." Jim sang, his voice trailing off. You didn't have the energy, so you just closed your eyes and listened to him sing.

"Say there's no future, for us as a pair. And though I may know I don't care, Just for the moment. As long as you're mine. Come be how you want to and see how bright we shine. Borrow the moonlight, until it is throughhhh. And know I'll be there, holding youuu." Jim finished as he passed out soon after he finished. You dozed off shortly after, smiling softly. Singing really could brighten the mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The songs were 'Dancing Through Life' from Wicked. 'The Phantom of the Opera' from Phantom of the Opera. And lastly 'As Long as You're Mine' from Wicked.
I also wanna dedicate this to @KobayashiMarue for a speedy recovery after her surgery!