Kirk

**This was requested by @iam_thenerd
And happy birthday Chris Pine!! I know it's a day late sorry. And I know the chapter isn't the best but there is reasons.
Sorry if yes not too good I wrote it in a hurry before I left for somewhere.
Any who enjoy!
The edit was made by KobayashiMarue **

James T Kirk was a very protective man. No matter who you were, if you were apart of his crew, you were instantly protected. This made you be double the protection.

You were his wife and you were five months pregnant. It didn't help Jim's separation anxiety that you were clumsy. Twice since you had gotten pregnant, you were in sickbay for a few days for an accident. It got to the point Doctor McCoy took you off physical work and just paper work, it would happen soon anyway.

"And how are you today?" Jim asked, bringing dinner home from the ship's cafe. He had to be home later and decided the least he could do was bring you dinner.

"No morning sickness at all, not even the feeling, so that was magnificent. But someone decided to be fussy so I'm really sore.." You mutter, kissing Jim's cheek. He brought home tacos, a recent craving of yours. Setting the food down, Jim kissed your forehead and ran his hand gently through your hair before getting some plates and utensils.

"Sounds pretty good. And you've been really careful?" Jim asked, his tone turning anxious and serious. You smile and nod, opening the container containing the taco ingredients. It was a build your taco sorta thing.

"So careful the baby got bored and beat me from the inside out." You remark, taking a bit of everything into a hard shell. You took a couple bites, wincing slightly as the baby kicked again. You two didn't want to know the gender until you got more baby stuff. That way you wouldn't be gender biased by what you buy.

"That bad, huh?" Jim asked, making himself a taco too. You nod, taking a few more bites of your food. Jim gave you a sympathetic look, holding your hand in his. Before he even started eating, he held your hand and smiled.

Most people thought the captain was a tough man, one who didn't truly have sympathy. But to anyone who had crossed his path, they knew Jim Kirk was a sensitive caring man. You knew first hand about that, even those who had been injured on away missions knew that.

"You're so sweet, but I wanna eat cuz the baby wants to." You say, taking your hand back and eating more. Jim laughed, eating his own food.

You ended up eating most of the tacos; Jim actually had to go make himself a sandwich. Since it was your fifth month, you were just always really hungry and felt like a bottomless pit. Jim found it hilarious but great. He knew pregnant woman in the second and third trimester were supposed to eat a lot, but he didn't prepare for his wife to eat four tacos. Although, he did like getting to watch your baby bump get bigger.

"Jim, before you say anything, I have to go on an away mission. It's crucial I go and it's a safe planet. McCoy is coming along and so is Chekov, they will watch after me. I swear." You babble, taking Jim's hands in your as you lay in bed. Jim closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Without saying anything, he pulled you close into a cuddle, one hand on your swollen belly.

"Promise me you will check in." Jim muttered, kissing the top of your head.

"I promise Jim, I will be just fine." You insist, kissing his lips gently before moving back down so his chin could rest on your head. You fell asleep in that position, very comfortable.

<----------->

The away mission went well at first. McCoy scanned you as soon as the transporter beams finished surrounding you. The baby had moved positions, but not to a dangerous way. They just moved into a breech position, which if they transporter didn't fix going back to the ship, you could get it fixed in sickbay.

Chekov kept asking you questions in down time, medicine would've been his second choice of career if he hadn't chose engineering and navigation. You gladly answered his questions, flattered your young friend was curious as to what was happening with you.

Before the end though, you had fallen into this rock. The rocks tended to sometimes be fragile and soft, causing them to crack in sharp patterns. McCoy instantly freaked, helping you out of the crack. Blood oozed from many cuts on your leg, pain shrouding all senses you had.

The instant you were in sickbay, Jim was by your side. It was evident to you that he was freaking out. Being beamed back to the ship fixed the babies position back to normal, it was just your leg.

"Y/N? Your okay? Your leg is bleeding bad?" Jim questioned, pulling up a chair beside your bed. You kissed his forehead, running your hand through his hair. Jim sighed, taking your hand in his.

"I'm just fine Jim, only a little sore. I can go home with you, just need rest and help." You say, starting to get up from the bed. Jim helped you, putting your arm around his shoulder. He spent the night cuddling you, calming himself down from the worry. It was all okay in the end.

~~~~~~
Sorry if this isn't too good I went through some bad stuff today.