Chapter Forty Five: Never grow tired of this Team

Start from the beginning

I turn my attention back to Paul and Mr Smith. "Your cells have changed. They came apart and went back together in a completely different way," Paul tells me.

"Right and what does that mean?"

"At first it was hard to say or what that could mean or what it could cause, "Mr Smith says.

"So I sent your DNA off to an old friend who is from my planet but lives here on earth in peace. He has advance technology I would need to be able to extend on what Mr Smith had found out."

"All you have told me is my DNA and my cells have changed but your still not telling me what that means," I say annoyed now. Its horrible not knowing what is going on with your own body. I breath, eat and live like any normal human but yet I'm not normal at all and I hate not knowing what is going on...

"Your cells are extraordinary Luke. I've never came across anything like it even on my planet and I tell you I have come across a lot. Mrs Wormwood would of not even known what she had done when she created you Luke. Your cells can change and come back together and it can fight through a lot. On rare occasions this has been impossible but now...if you did get infected by a poison or lets say the Rakweed again you would be able to fight it and shift it from your body before it killed you. Its quite a rare and amazing thing to be able to say and be able to see through a microscope. Its how you managed to survive what Mrs Wormwood did to you."

I look at him partly startled and partly taken aback. "How is that possible though? I can't even make sense of it and I'm meant to have an alien super brain," I say.

Paul shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know Luke. I'm sorry I can't be more of a help. Mr Smith and I did all we could. Its all we can tell you for now," he says softly.

"So my cells will continue to change and I just have to accept that?"

"I think you might have too. I don't see any way of stopping it and would you really want to? Its how your still alive Luke right now. You were dying...you would of died if they hadn't changed," Paul says to me.

I nod, "I know that its just...I'm scared," I admit. I'm scared of my own body because I no longer feel in control of it at all.

Sky gets up off the sofa and comes over to me and takes my hand, "Its okey to be scared," she whispers.

I nod, "Yeah it is. I'm sorry Sky. For not being the older brother I should be to you. I'm meant to be looking out for you," I whisper.

"Hey. You do look out for me all the time. I'm totally fine because of you and mum. We'll be okey. We always will. It saved your life. No matter if its not normal and it could be something bad. For now lets just be grateful your still here with us," smiles Sky.

"Thanks Sky," I smile back at her holding her hand tightly to accept her support. "Do I need to be worried? I mean will it change anything about me? If my cells are changing and my DNA. Will it make me less smart or?"

"That is what we don't know," says Mr Smith.

"We will just have to let it continue and see what happens. Really isn't much we can do Luke. We are sorry. We wish we could but somethings are a mystery and this is one of those occasions. Mr Smith and I both believe we need to on a regular basis scan you for any changes so we can keep a tight eye on it. If anything out of the ordinary or something life threatening happens. We rather know about it," Paul says.

I nod my head, "Yeah I agree. Thanks for doing what you've done. Both of you. It means a lot," I say to them.

"I will do anything for you Luke. Always know that," Mr Smith says.