Lex's Brother [ft. J. Daniel Atlas] [AU one shot]

Start from the beginning

You laughed

You laughed. "Okay." You knew very well that Lex's father never wanted to start a family. Even Lex was just a business move. But Lex never laughed with you. "Wait. Babe, are you serious?"

He nodded and chewed on his lip. "Yeah."

"What?" you gasped. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Uh, hm. Let's see... oh! Ah! Because he is a condescending jerk with no feelings towards any other human being!" he exclaimed, nervously waving his hands.

"Okay," you said softly. "What's he doing here? What does he want?"

"I... I do not know," he said. "He was arrested just a couple of months ago, but other than that..."

"Arrested?" you nearly shouted. "For what?"

"Uh... robbing a bank," he stated. His tongue swiped across his lips. "With a magic trick."

"Magic," you stated. Lex nodded. "And you're letting him in a million dollar building. Wow, Lex! Let the guy that is apparently able to steal thousands of dollars through a deck of cards and a magic wand into a building filled with expensive equipment! Brilliant!"

"Shhh!" Lex hushed you, grabbing the tops of your arms. "Darling, I promise that I'll get rid of him as soon as possible. Just please, please stick by my side."

You hung your head and let out a deep breath of air. "Okay. Okay, I'll be there."

He smiled as he ran his hands up and down your arms. "I love you."

"I love you, too," you replied. You reached up and kissed him. He pulled back and sucked in a deep breath. "Guess we should go up there."

"Yeah," he said. He started towards the doors.

"So," you said. "Can you tell me about him? Other than him being a jerk and also having a criminal record."

Lex smiled. "His name is J. Daniel Atlas. Dad was never involved in his life, you see, since I was the only business tactic he needed. His mother was my third housekeeper. Daniel took her last name."

"You two never saw each other," you guessed. You both stepped into the elevator. As the doors shut, Lex nodded.

"Hardly. I saw him when he was first born and his mother screamed at our doorstep because my father got her pregnant and again at Dad's funeral." He pursed his lips. "Other than that... I do not believe we've had any sort of contact."

"Wow," you breathed. Lex led you to a tall glass door. Through it, you could see the tall, dark haired man. He stood facing the glass windows, his hands holding a glass of champagne. Mercy stood off to the side of the room, glaring at his back.

"You know," Lex started. "If we leave now, we'll make it to the front door before he'll even notice."

"Lex," you mumbled.