Fight, Fight, Fight [long imagine]

Imagine Lex holding a grudge against Superman because he was the cause of your miscarriage and depression.

                              ---

"And now you will fly to him, and you will battle him to the death. Black and blue. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. God versus man. Day versus night. Son of Krypton versus Bat of Gotham!"

Lex stood before Superman with a prideful smirk on his face. Superman, clearly unmoved by his words, simply said, "You think I will fight him for you?"

"Mmm... yes I do." He flashed a grin. "I think you will fight, fight, fight for that special lady in your life!"

"She's safe on the ground," Superman said. "How about you?"

"Close," he replied. "But I am not talking about Lois." He began to walk around to tall alien, his hands dunking into his pockets to feel the stack of sickening photographs. "No... every boy's special lady is his mother."

Superman, suddenly overcome by anger, stalks towards Lex. Forcing out a fake gasp, Lex revealed the pictures to him. Superman froze in his spot.

"Hm! Martha, Martha, Martha... hm! The mother of a flying demon must be a witch. And the punishment for witches... what is that? Oh, that's right. Death by fire!" One by one, Lex began to toss each photo at Clark. He watched happily as the man --- god --- became more and more broken.

"How does it feel?" Lex asked with a sneer. "Knowing that the one woman you care about is in danger, hm? Not that you will even know, Clark, but my wife was there when you and Zod destroyed Metropolis. Hm! Yes... I begged her not to go to work that day. Begged, begged, begged! But she wanted to. And there in her office, you destroyed the entire building!"

Lex was shaking with anger. He felt nothing but pure, raw hatred. Glaring at the god, he tossed the last of the pictures. "Hm... yes, she lived. But our baby girl didn't. You took away my unborn child, Clark! And with that, you took my wife's ability to have children. Now she can never be a mother. Now she never smiles at me. Now she only looks at herself as nothing. That is why, Clark Joseph Kent... this is why your mother is in danger. Because you took away my ___'s chance of ever being one."

Lex thought back, back to the days when you would curl up in the middle of your shared bed and laugh as Lex peppered your baby bump with kisses. You would weave your fingers through his hair, giggle as the baby kicked, and talk about how much his daughter loved her Daddy already...

You would smile.

Superman picked up a picture of his mother and jerked his head up to look at Lex. His eyes, glowing with red, didn't even scare him. "Where is she?"

"I don't know!" Lex exclaimed, shooting his hands up into the air. "I would not let them tell me! Now if you kill me, Martha dies. And if you fly away, Martha also dies. But! If you kill the Bat, Martha lives."

Lex smiled triumphantly as Superman lowered his head in defeat. He moved his hand down the side of Superman's face. "There we go, there we go."

He flashed back to when Lex visited you in the hospital. You, hooked up to a million machines, covered in burns and scrapes and bruises.

"Lex," you breathed, "is she all right? Our baby?"

Lex looked down at your stomach. Swollen, but holding no life. He placed his hand on top of it and thought of what the doctor had told him. Tears fell down his cheeks as he whispered his answer. "No."

He heard your intake of breath, followed by the breaking of your voice and the choking of a sob. "Oh gosh, no... my baby!"

Lex blinked. He bit his lip before he said, "And now god bends to my will."