Chapter 3 part 1: Watch Your Back

Paris Point of View

I just got through whooping that bitch Riri's ass for coming at me sideways and I didn't give 0 fucks! Her fat ass moma called the cops or whatever, so everyone over there cleared out fast as hell. I swear if that bitch Riri snitched , she gone have something far worse than an ass beating to worry about TRUST.

I walked my ass to the store , got the grease for the food like nothing happened, and went home just like that. As soon as I got in the door my mom was right there. My little brothers and sisters was in the corner sniffling , so I know somebody got a butt whippin for being bad or something. "Well its about damn time Paris! What took you so long?" She said with her eyes looking at me up and down.

"The elevator is broke , I had to take the stairs" I replied a half truth.

"You bullshitting?" She questioned.

"-nope" I said taking my phone out.I kinda grew irritated , because I was hyped up. I didn't feel like talking.

"Well no wonder you came in here breathing hard and looking crazy, I know Tony better lower our damn rent with all these malfunctions going on" she complained.

My phone rang , it was Montae. He didn't even say hello he just started talking "So I heard you got into it with Riri" he says bluntly.

"You talking to me?" I questioned

"Duh Paris , who else on this phone?" He smarted.

"Yeah , they put that shit up on the internet already?" I asked.

"No, Riri told me herself, so why the fuck you dog her like that?" He snapped so suddenly
I moved my hair back in frustration. was he choosing that bitches side over mine?

"She was coming at me sideways , what you mad for, you acting like you fucking that bitch!" I was very irritated. Plus hearing rumors about them two didnt help the situation.

I walked out the living room to the stairs in the hallway, because my mom was being hella nosy.

" Whatever man, you've been on some weird shit lately, I can't get down with that. Take care of yourself aight'? " He hung up in my face without answering my question.

Fuck it , I blocked his number and walked in the house. That bitch could have Montaes ass if she think she getting even with me. No problem.

"What's all the fuss about?!" My Mom asked as she was browning the meat.

"Just my boyfriend acting stup- hold on momma "
A notification came up on my phone from an unknown number, weird because it was a text message.

"Watch your back" it read.
"Huh? I said to myself. I texted back 'who is this?' Then all out if nowhere

POW POW POW POW POW!!!!!!

All of a sudden bullets started ripping through the front door. someone was shooting from the hallway through our door.

"GET DOWN!" my mom said to the kids and I .

I closed my eyes and waited for the shooting to cease. I know this was definitely a set up.

After 10 minutes we got up.
"Is everything alright?" Momma said looking around .

"RESEAN IS BLEEDING! HES HIT" I said

I looked over and but it was too late. My baby brother got hit in the stomach by a stray bullet.

I looked at his blank face and saw death in his eyes. He was gone.