Thirty Five

Vote&Comment❤️🙂

Cameron POV

I sat in the chair while the lady took out her notepad. I sighed playing with my thumbs waiting for her to start speaking.

"So Cameron, how are you?" She asked. I don't know her name, I didn't take note if it.

"Fine, and you?" I asked deciding to be polite and not take out my annoyance on her.

"I could be better, but couldn't we all?"

I smiled.

"So can you explain to me how you're feeling?" She asked.

"I'm not really feeling anything right now to be honest."

My parents swear I've been acting weird since Anthony left roughly four months ago after shooting Makai in the head.

Makai didn't die, no. By a miracle. But
Makai has brain damage. He's mentally challenged now. He can't speak or function correctly nor will he ever be able to again. The doctors said he's not all there in the head and will have to live with assistance or in a group home.

So it's Makai's body but now it's not even him him.

I felt bad honestly.

The cops are still looking for Anthony being that Makai's father is a cop, so they're taking this extra serious. His father is livid and basically wants Anthony dead.

I haven't heard from him ever since he left. I don't know if he's okay or where he's at. He changed his number because I tried calling one time  and it didn't work. Even Tyler doesn't know.

But that's besides the point, my parents are making me see a therapist as if I need one. I'm fine and I'm not acting weird. It's their brains telling them that because they know something "happened to me", in quotes because it really didn't happen to me.

"Hm." She wrote something down in her notepad.

"So you're saying ever since the incident, you've felt nothing?" She asked sitting up.

"No. I'm saying I'm not feeling anything right now as in today, sitting in front of you."

"So explain to me your chain of emotions throughout this experience."

I thought for a while.

"Sad, Scared, Upset, Worried, Annoyed."

"Can you elaborate on annoyed?" She asked frowning.

"I'm annoyed that I have to sit here and talk to you about something that's already done."

She nodded her head "I understand" she said while writing something down.

"Are we done?" I asked starting to get up but she quickly stopped me.

"Uh, no. We've got 45 minutes left."

Wow.

"Cameron, your parents claim and I quote that 'you're much more emotionless, you're not the sweet boy you were before all of this happened.' You don't think this has anything to do with Anthony?"

"I realize people got mad when I was too nice. So now that I'm not sucking up to everybody it's a problem?"

"You didn't answer the question honey."