Thirty

Vote&Comment

Cameron POV

It's Saturday morning I just finished taking a shower to go home. I'm gonna stay home and instead, Tyler will be here. I'll still see Anthony but I just won't be spending all my time here and abandoning home.

I put on my clothes and put all the clothes I have here in a duffel bag that Anthony had let me borrow.

I looked at my phone where there was a text from Tyler saying he's downstairs.
Good thing I was done.

I left the room and saw Anthony sitting by the open window on his phone, smoking. "Anthony, I'm leaving now."

"Alright, come here." He made his way to the front door.

He kissed me briefly.

"I'll see you, aight. Love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too."

I left his apartment quickly silently praying Anthony doesn't do anything stupid and got into Tyler's car.

************

"Thank you Tyler." I said getting out at my apartment building.

"Welcome."

When I got to the apartment I unlocked the door and saw my dad watching TV while fixing some phones and stuff.

He looked up at me and he looked so happy to see me.

I closed the door and sat next to him on the couch. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Having fun?"

He scoffed "Sure."

It was silent for a while. I watched as he pulled wires out of things and a whole other bunch of other things that I don't quite understand.

"Listen Cameron, I hope that you know I'm sorry for not letting you know about Tai. I was going to but I wasn't ready." He said

"It's okay, I'll be okay. I just don't want anything to do with him."

"Cameron I understand he and your friend have some type of rivalry going on, but at the end of the day that's blood sweetheart."

I moved from him.

"I don't even know him." I automatically said. I don't know him, and I don't ever want to either.

He ran his hand over his face in frustration.

"I know. Look." He groaned "I know it's a lot for you to deal with but I'll make I'll make it work somehow."

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"Why didn't you guys take him to L.A?"

"He was stable over here. We didn't want to take him out his comfort zone. A few years after you were born, we were financially stable but he was older already. We couldn't just take him."

I think I've had enough of this conversation. I didn't come here to get upset all over again. I came so I could spend time with my parents again.

I decided to just drop it.

"Where's mommy?" I said getting up from the couch.

"Uh she should be in our room, watching TV."

When I got in their room, my mom was scrolling on her phone she didn't even realize I got in there.

"Mom?"