the prince and his sisters servant chapter nine

here is a new chapter for you to read.

i hope you enjoy it.

i have desided that even though i don't get any comments on my story i'm still going to continue. because i like to write it and get it out there.

okay enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine

Ulrick was walking through the main gate with some of his guard, when he saw someone headed towards the Great Hall. It was Mina. He knew her well; she was the one who healed his sister when she broke her leg after she fell off the wall in the palace.

Ulrick is the King of the Were- creatures. Even though he is a young King he is still a very good one. He always puts his people first, unless it has something to do with his family. His kind is very loyal to their family and if anyone dares to harm any Were the whole of their kind comes down on them with a vengeance.

He knew that she had always loved Prince Varick. However he wanted her to love him instead. But if she didn't choose him he wouldn't hurt her, he cared for her to much. He didn't love her but she was the only one that he could see himself with.

Ulrick walked straight over to Mina.

"How are you Mina? And how is Prince Varick, if I might ask?" he asked while hugging her.

"I am fine, as is the Prince. But I'm afraid that I made him mad at me and now he hates me." You could hear the tears in her voice.

Ulrick grabbed her and pulled her into a bear hug so tight she though she might pass out.

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you," he whispered. "He probably just said that in the heat of the moment. I know for a fact that he could never hate you. He does, I know that is does. I could see it in his eyes." She started to cry. "He hates me, he probably always has. Nothing that I can do will change that." Then she cried so hard that Ulrick didn't know what to do. He just held her tight and waited for her to calm down.

"Look I know that it isn't any of my business, but why did he tell you that he hated youin the first place?"

"Because I healed him."

Ulrick didn't know what to do. "That doesn't sound like him at all."

He was happy that she may be losing her love for him now, but deep down he knew that if she stopped loving Varick, she would never be truly happy with anyone else.

Plus he didn't want to be sloppy seconds. He wanted her to choose him over Varick.

He didn't have anything against him, it was just that Varick has Mina, even if he doesn't know it.

"He was probably just concerned about the amount of pain you would be in."

"How did you know that?" Mina sounded shocked.

"You healed my sister remember. I saw how you tried to mask the pain you felt, but I could still see it."

"Oh... well I didn't tell him about the pain. But he asked about it and I had to tell him."

"And that was why he told you that he hates you."

"Yes."

"What were his exact words?"

"He said that if I did this then he would hate me forever."

"Hmm. Don't worry. I'm sure that it was just concern for you that made him say that."

"You think?"

"I know. I would have been the same if it were me."

"Okay. Why are you here anyway?"

"Your King asked me to aid him in his attack. And I said that I would, so..." he let his statement trail off.

"Well I guess that you better get going then. You wouldn't want to be late."

"I guess not. But will you be alright?"

"Yes I will be fine. Thank you."

And with that they let go of each other and headed to the Great Hall to see the King.

Little did they know that they had an audience to their conversation, or that he would take it the wrong way.

Varick slowly walked away from his balcony, where he had just witnessed the worst thing imaginable. Mina in the arms of another man, and looking happy.

He had just taken a break form working on Mina's gift when he saw Mina standing below his window. He watched as she met the Were king, and as he pulled her into a hug. He watched as they engaged in a conversation, they looked like they were having a real heart to heart talk.

Then they headed of towards the Great Hall. And his heart plummeted.

He looked over to his desk, where he had been working on Mina's gift.

He lost his head, in that very moment.

He through his bed over, destroyed his chair, and broke his wardrobe into tiny pieces.

He was about to crush the gift, when he just broke down and cried, holding the thing that he was working on for almost two years.

It was a necklace. It had four diamonds embedded in silver. It was designed so that the central and largest stone drew the eye immediately. It was an intricate piece of work that had taken him many months to get right, and even then he wasn't happy with it. The central diamond was a deep blue and the outer three were a deep purple. It was almost finished. And he couldn't bear to destroy it even if he would never give it to her.

He sat in his destroyed bedroom, in the very centre crying for the love that he never had, and probably never receive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(for anyone who wants to know what the necklace lookes like here is the image i used. just imagen blue and purplestones instead of green. http://www.gothicstyle.co.uk/images/lg_12613.jpg)

did you like it?

if so thanks so much.

oh and don't worry i wont camplain about comments any more.

thanks for reading.