the prince and his sisters servant chapter four

here you go the next chapter

enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four

Diabolos was standing in the middle of the Lamia camp, about to question one of the peasants that his soldiers had rounded up, when someone came running up to him. He turned to look at the Lamia that dared to approach him. It was Ryn. Diabolos had sent him with at least thirty others to retrieve the Prince Verick.

Great they failed AGAIN, Diabolos hated failure.

"Master, I have news," Ryn said breathless.

"Yes, well it had better be that Verick is now on his way here with the others, and you ran ahead to tell me!" he snapped, and enjoyed the look of pure terror in Ryns eyes.

"No master. But I did hear something that you might want."

Why does he look so smug, maybe I could give him to the Hydra's to play with? He pondered this, but then changed his mind. His men were growing fewer by the day, while the enemy was growing stronger.

"Master they have a healer that can heal ANYTHING!"

This got his full attention. "What did you say?"

"The Prince was almost killed in the battle today and one of the Volatilis said that he was taking him to Mina and that she could heal anything. And rather than stay and try to retrieve the Prince I chose to come back to tell you about her."

"You did well. You will be rewarded, take your pick of the new prisoners and do what you wish." Diabolos had an evil smile on his face as Ryn thanked him and headed off to get his reward.

I have to get this woman, Diabolos thought as he walked back to his tent. She is most likely the reason that they are getting stronger. And if she is on our side we will win. I may even mate with her to force her to stay on this side.

Once someone has been mated by on of the Lamia they are cast out of their home. It my seem mean but they could have been made compromised and been turned in to spy. And their people couldn't risk that.

As he entered his tent he saw that they woman that he had earlier was now being watched by Jolon, one of his favourite soldiers.

"Did you hear they have a healer that can heal anything?" he asked him.

Jolon turned with a smirk on his face, "Yes I did hear that, Ryn sounded like he was scared that you would give him to the Hydra."

"Well the thought did cross my mind."

"Even though you would never risk the loss of a man? Remind me not to get on your bad side." Jolon laughed.

"Where do you think they would keep her?"

"In the castle, of course. They wouldn't risk her being taken by us would they?"

"I want her."

"Yes well, if the Prince was injured as badly as Ryn said then I expect that they will all want our blood." Jolon returned his gaze to the woman on the floor. "So I think that would be the best time to get her. Did you want her as a mate, or did you just want her to fix your army?"

"Both."

They both laughed sinisterly at that.

"Can I have this one when you're done? She looks quite pleasing."

"You can take her now if you want, but I might want her back later."

Jolon was the only one that Diabolos would share a woman with.

"Thank you." And with that Jolon and the woman left, and Diabolos started to plan a kidnapping.

As Jolon walked out of Diabolos's tent the woman began to stir. Even though he was a Lamia he hated every thing that they were, and he had hated hearing this woman cry. He had heard women cry a lot but for some reason this one affected him more than the rest.

"Ssh, I wont hurt you, I promise." He whispered to her.

"A promise for one of your kind is no promise at all." She sounded as weak as she looked.

He was carrying her over to his tent; it was the furthest away from the camp. When he got there he placed her on the bed next to the woman he was rewarded with a few days ago.

"Eathelyn, clean her up. And get her some food."

"Of course, Jolon what happened to her?"

"Diabolos happened. Try not to think about it, Okay?"

She smiled at him then turned to the woman, "What's your name?"

"Ekaterina," the woman whimpered.

Hmmm her name means pure, it suits her.

"Tell her everything I told you, I have to get back before they miss me," he told Eathelyn, then turned and walked away from them, feeling very strange.

Verick woke up in more pain than he had ever felt in his entire life. He was propped up in a soft bed, his bed he realised. He looked around the room and saw Mina at the base of the bed.

"Mina," he rasped.

Her head snapped up and she blushed.

Hmmm, I wonder why she's blushing he thought as he watched her stuff a book into a pike of clothes.

"Your awake," she sounded relieved. Was I really that badly injured, he thought as he tried to get up.

"Wow, bad idea," he said as he fell back on the bed, now in more pain than before.

She giggled. God I love to hear her giggling sounds so...happy.

"I'll go and tell everyone we were all very worried about you, my Prince." She headed towards the window instead of the doors. And her wing emerged; she then flew out of the window.

I wonder why she called me 'my Prince' she normally calls me 'my Lord'. Hmm guess she was just worried.

----------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading.