Chapter 13 : Secrets Out

(Daria on top) ⬆

listen to with or without you by Amy lee. (its a cover)

Daria's POV

I shivered and gasped at the cold liquid that ran down my face. I jumped from the bed and cursed under my breath.
I was fuming by now as I watched the girls burst into laughter clutching their stomachs.
"That was awesome!" Kate said between laughs.
I rolled my eyes and glared at the three idiotic teenagers.
"What the Hell?" I yelled and once again glared.
"Well you see..we had a difficult time trying to wake you up so we found a solution!" Layla said cheerfully.

how are they so happy in the morning?!

"Yeah you were so deeply asleep.." Darcy said sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom.

I washed my face then hopped into the shower.
I let out a deep breath as the warm drops of water embraced my skin.
I tilted my head upwards and in an instant the warm drops kissed my lips and I smiled at the chilly feeling. And any feeling of stress was gone by now.
I pressed my arms around my chest and shut my eyes.I could stay like this forever.
If forever existed.
I sighed and my eyes teared up as the flashback of my mother haunted my brain.
I clenched my fists and let the tears fall down my cheeks.
"mom.." I whispered in agony.
"I miss you..please forgive me..."I said painfully looking upwards.
I hope she can hear me..
because I miss her embrace and reassuring words that snapped me out of my pain.
but now am all alone..
I sighed and turned off the shower then wiped my tears with the back of my hand.
I wrapped the towel around my now shivering body and walked out but not before brushing my teeth and cleaning my face with soup and ears.
I got dressed in some sweatpants and tank top and walked downstairs.I smelled the pancakes before my other senses registered their presence. The homey smell of frying butter reached my nostrils and assaulted my brain with mouthwatering images of fluffy, warm goodness. I walked into the kitchen to see Kate frying pancakes and humming a familiar tune, unaware of my presence. I snuck up behind her and snagged a soft piece of heaven off the platter stacked deep with the round, tan things. I grabbed a plate and retreated with my prize towards the syrup. After slathering the still steaming treat with liquid sugar, I gingerly cut off a bite and lifted it towards my mouth. Pure bliss. The girls joined me now and we were all moaning at the delecious taste of the pancakes.
The first flavor to unfold on my tongue was the sweetness of the syrup, quickly followed by the delicate, buttery flavor of the pancake itself. The coolness of the syrup and heat of the pancake complemented one another perfectly and only served to bring out the subtle flavor of the pancake itself. I scooped up another bite to replace the one which was quickly dissolving in my mouth, and then another. Before I knew it, all that remained on my plate was dribbles of syrup.

"Mmm..kate you should cook everyday.." Darcy blurted out.
Layla and I nodded while Kate beamed a smile and muttered a 'Thank you'.

"I think we should go for a walk the weather is very chilly and cool outside." Layla suggested looking out the window with a smile.

We nodded and all of us headed upstairs to change.