The crowd in the hallway dies out when the bell finally rings. It is like little five year olds being forced to do homework after a day of fun and play.

I am now in the lavatory, with my hands gripping the counter firmly, and my blazer lying on it. By the time I got here, everyone had already gone to their classes. The counter has an essence of cold when my palms collide with it, but it is bearable.

My hand turns on the shining metal tap and let the water rush through it and into the sink.

I splash some water on my face and try to calm myself. But even now, a growing uneasiness settles in my chest.

My guts feel like they're jumping up to my throat, but nothing comes out.

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I see something shift...

I wisk my head around and find no one.

There can't be anyone in the toilets; this place is supposed to be completely deserted since everybody is in class.

That's weird.

Ignoring the paranoia, I gather some water in my hands like a pitcher and run them around my face, my neck and my arms, but to no avail. I dig my palms against the back of neck and screw my eyes shut.

Keep it together, keep it together...

"Lindsey?"

There shouldn't anyone here, besides me.

I open my eyes and turn to look at where the voice came from.

A familiar redhead is standing in the doorway between the lavatory and the corridor in his own blue blazer and trousers.

"Are you all right? Sorry but you just look tense," Ethan says.

He is leaning at the door of the entrance with his foot pressed against it and arms stretched across his chest.

But by the way he's looking at me, with a soft but worried expression, contradicts his non-chalant pose.

"What are you doing here? This is the girls' washroom," I ask him a question instead of replying my own.

"Nobody's here and I'm not interrupting anyone's privacy."

Not interrupting?

I perk up a brow and he sighs,
"So, maybe I am interrupting but I met Allison in the hallway. She told me you were acting strange and so here I am."

"Well, aren't you the best friend in the world?" I say sarcastically.

My nauseousness is getting to my mood, as well.

He shakes his head and grins.
"That I am, and it's not every day you get to see Lindsey Knightley skip a class," he jokes.

"Lucky me since it's also not everyday that you get to see Ethan Ingram skip a class." I roll my eyes at him.

He takes a few steps forward, such that he's only a few centimetres away from me.

"What's wrong, Lindsey? You aren't yourself." He points at the blazer's sleeves wrapped around my waist. Something not so common for me.

If only I knew...

I remain silent, with only the sound of gushing through the water pipes in between.

From the mirror in front of me, I think I catch a glimpse of Ethan shaking his head before saying,
"Allison and I saw you and Meredith in our dreams, the night we left Edenfield."