Chapter 24

When walking to Hogsmeade I was walking next to Draco while Ginny and Blaise were ahead of us holding hands.  Draco and I had small conversations to try to fill the silence but it wasn't really working, at all.  Ginny and Blaise were oblivious to the awkward silence and were walking a small distance away from me and Draco now. 

"So are we buying presents for each other?" Draco asked still looking straight ahead.

"I don't know, why? Would you actually buy me a present?" I asked him while stopping and standing in front of Draco causing him to stop too."

"Well yeah.  You have helped me out this year, with choosing the right side and everything." Draco said looking directly into my eyes which made butterflies explode in my stomach.   I didn't know how to respond so I just nodded and carried on walking.

We did some shopping and I bought everyone a present except for Draco, he was really hard to buy for I literally had no idea what to get him.   We sat down at the Three Broomsticks at a booth which was slightly hidden away from everyone which I liked.   Draco started trying to look through my bags.

"What are you looking for?" I questioned him and placed the bags at the other side of me so he couldn't look in them.  

"My present." Draco said cheekily.

"Well you won't find it because I haven't bought you one." I said and watched him look shocked and slightly confused with a hint of sadness.  "I want to buy you a present but I have no idea what you would want for Christmas."  

"You can give me books that you like if you would want to, I'm not that hard to buy for." Draco said with a shrug.

"You want books?" I asked with an eyebrow raise.

"You know Hermione, you and Draco are more similar than you think." Blaise said with a smile. "He likes reading a lot, not many people know that though because he has to keep up his bad boy attitude.  He also cares about grades, which you do too.  Also his friends, if anybody even hurt you I am fairly sure he would go mental." I felt touched by Blaise's words and looked over at Draco who confirmed what Blaise said by nodding but he was biting his lip nervously for some reason, I guess it's because Blaise has some of secrets that belong to Draco.  "To be perfectly honest I don't think Draco would give a shit if someone was talking crap about me, whereas if you were in that situation he would actually beat them up." I looked at Blaise questioningly and Draco was shaking his head subtly trying to get Blaise to shut up.  Blaise didn't pay any attention to Draco and just continued.  "Oh and he thinks you are-" Draco threw some water at Blaise's face so he couldn't finish the sentence.  Ginny was laughing hysterically at the situation.

"Why did you do that, I was interested in what he had to say." I questioned Draco feeling quiet amused at the situation myself.

"He was talking too much." Draco said smoothly, I could tell he was lying but I didn't want to escalate the situation into an argument so I kept quiet.

"What kind of books would you want?" I asked Draco while watching Blaise drying himself with different spells. 

Draco took a sip of his drink before answering.  "Anything really, I don't care.  Just choose something you like."  Draco answered.  That made it easier for me, I would just buy him a variety of different books from muggle to wizard books.  

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I walked out of the shop with a variety of different books some for Draco and some for me.  We were walking back when I felt one of my hands become lighter.  "Why did you take them bags? I was doing perfectly fine on my own." I complained.  

"I was just trying to be nice, jeez just let me carry them."  He complained back and smirked knowing he won the small fight because I walked ahead of him.  He caught up with me.  "So did you buy me a present?" He asked softly.

"Yes, did you buy me one?" I asked turning to him and realised he was looking at me and saw that he seemed embarrassed to be caught looking at me.

"Good, and I bought you one too." He said averting his eyes to in front of him.  What was happening with him recently, he has been acting odd.  I admit I was awkward the day before but not this bloody awkward.

It started snowing heavily now, it had been snowing all day but it was barely noticeable.  We were running now trying to get back to Hogwarts as quick as possible but there was no way we could sneak back in now.  Blaise ran to what looked like a small cottage and gestured for us to follow him.  He opened the door and ran in, closing it when we were all inside.

"Did we just break into someone's house?" I asked cautiously looking around nervously at all the furniture which was obviously expensive and pristine.

Blaise laughed. "No don't worry, this is owned by my parents.  I don't know why they have this cottage but it comes in handy at times like this." Blaise said before turning on the fire before disappearing into a room.  I instantly felt warmer and sat near the fire absorbing all the warmth.

"So I guess we are staying here for the night then." Ginny said and I heard Blaise shout yes.  He walked back into the main room with a variety of blankets and cushions following behind him, he did a spell and they positioned themselves to create a fort.   

"We aren't children." I said shaking my head with an amused expression on my face.

"Well I don't have that many beds here so we are all staying in the fort." He said before entering, I followed reluctantly and ended up next to Draco.  It was cosy because of how luxurious the blankets and pillows were but it was slightly cramped in width as me and Draco's sides were touching.  

"Everyone comfortable and happy?" We nodded hesitantly.  "Good because things might get interesting tonight." Blaise said with a wink which made me feel pretty concerned as for what would happen.