Chapter 19

I was shocked to say the least, Draco just said he didn't mind if he fell in love with me, was that him saying that he liked me or even possibly that he wanted to fall in love with me?  

"Are you okay?  You have gone really pale." Draco asked his voice full of concern.  

"I'm fine." I said trying to gather my thoughts why did he have to be so complicated?  Why couldn't he just go back to being horrible to me, it isn't normal for him to be this nice especially to me.  "We should probably go back to them." I suggested, he nodded but looked confused as he was giving me an opportunity to be alone with him and get to know him yet I suggested to go back to our friends.

"Do you feel uncomfortable around me?  If so how do I stop you feeling that way?" He asked as we were walking back.

"I don't really feel uncomfortable it's more just awkward because you have never been this nice to me before."  I answered.

"Oh for Merlin's sake, that's what is causing you a problem? Me being nice to you?  I would have thought you would have liked me being nice to you rather than insulting you all he time." He said and looked down at his feet.

"It's just strange okay?  You have never been this nice to me and I suddenly get set a task by Blaise to get to know you to find out what you were doing.  He even suggested for me to flirt with you! I just can't get my head around it all." I explained and Draco stopped suddenly and held his arm out to stop me too, he put a finger to his lips to signal me to be quiet.  

"They aren't having it Blaise, Hermione is just refusing and denying her feelings, I know she cares for him.  She said that she liked him to Draco himself so I don't get why she is denying it.  Draco is being an arse as well, he keeps flirting with her which is good and everything but it is just making her feel awkward and then she denies her feelings even more.  Bloody Hell that girl is complicated." I heard Ginny say and I looked towards Draco who just shrugged.

"Well Draco is flirty that's what's in his nature, I can tell he likes her because he is actually spending extra time with her, usually he would just ignore the majority of girls because they aren't worth his time.  Have you tried suggesting stuff to her?"  Blaise asked.

"Yeah, I convinced her to come to Quidditch today and Draco was being pretty helpful by making them go off on their own, hopefully they are progressing somewhat." Ginny answered.

I dragged Draco away by his arms and made sure they were out of earshot.  "Are you in on this?" I asked him infuriated. 

"Of course I'm not, I'm as mad and confused as you are!" Draco defended himself.

"Are you really up to a secret mission?" I asked him, calmly now.

"Yes but it's not that secret if most people know it's a secret mission.  Who knows?" Draco answered and the asked his own question.

"Your friends know about the secret mission but they don't know what it is, I know you have a secret mission and Ginny knows too." I answered.

"Do you know anything else?" He asked with tension in his voice.  I bit my lip nervously and looked down at his arm.  "Oh." He said softly.   "That's why you have been uncomfortable around me, Blaise told you that I was a Death Eater, he is such a little shit." He said with anger in his voice but the anger wasn't directed at me.

"He was just trying to help you.  And I think the bigger problem is that I think Blaise and Ginny are trying to get us to...you know..." Draco raised his eyebrows at me.  "I'm not going to say it." I said while blushing.

"They want us to date." Draco finished and smirked.  "But why?"  

"Probably to humiliate us." I answered.

Draco looked hurt.  "I'm not that bad." 

I looked at him and smiled, "No, you're not." 

"So what are we meant to do now.  Do we just pretend we didn't hear it and carry on falling in love."  Draco said in a low voice.

"I think pretending we didn't hear the conversation is the best thing we can do.  How dare they try to get involved though, if we were going to fall in love we wouldn't need help."  I said with annoyance in my voice.

"I wouldn't need help because I'm really good at romance, you on the other hand might need a little help." He said and laughed when I hit him in the chest.  "The best romance starts with friendship so friends?" He asked and looked at me curiously.

"Friends." I confirmed with a small smile to myself.