Chapter 20

The next few weeks went slow and it was now it was the day that people were leaving for Christmas Break.  Draco and I had talked a few times during the weeks and I noticed that he wasn't disappearing as much.  I decided that I should stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because Draco was staying and I wanted to make sure that there was a distraction for him.  I also kind of wanted to stay with him.  Ginny and Blaise were staying too so it should be a fun Christmas as none of our other friends were staying.  There were only going to be around 30 students staying from the whole school which was strange because there were usually more than that.

Ginny and I said our goodbyes to Harry and Ron and then went to the Great Hall where Draco and Blaise waved us over.  We sat down opposite them.

"Said your goodbyes that quickly?  You either don't care about them very much or can't wait to see us." Blaise said cheekily to me and Ginny.  

"We care about them but I just can't stand Lavender she is just so annoying." I said with an agitated sigh.  

"I thought you fancied me not Weaselbee." Draco said and acted pained.

"I don't like Ron in that way.  It's just that Lavender is just so irritating and I can't stand her." I explained to him.

"You share a dorm with her." Blaise said while laughing.

"Exactly that's why I know she is annoying." I said with a smile.  

"So I'm guessing we are spending Christmas together." Ginny said.

Draco and Blaise looked at each other and nodded.  "Does that mean that we need to buy you presents?" Blaise asked with a smile.

"Yep." Ginny said happily.  "Don't worry we will buy you presents too.  We are going to eat dinner with you everyday and going to be with you everyday and..."

"Ginny, we can't be with them all the time." I said cutting her off.

"Why not? I'm going out with one of them and so will you soon."  Ginny said and waited for my response.

"I'm going to ignore that you said that." I said which caused Draco to raise his eyebrows and smirk.  "And the answer to your question is that they will get fed up of us." 

"Fine, we spend time with a different person everyday.  So one day me and you, me and Draco and then me and Blaise."  Ginny suggested.

I looked at the boys who just nodded.  "Fine." I said defeated.

"Yay.  Also we spend one day all together because otherwise it would be boring." Ginny further suggested.

"So I'm guessing that day is today?" I asked.

"Nope, that day is after we all spend one day with each other to get to know each other better." Ginny said and then winked at Blaise which made me feel nervous of what she was planning.  "Draco today is your lucky day as you are spending it with me." She stood up and dragged him out of the hall with her.

"Your girlfriend is a nutter." I said to Blaise who smiled.

"Yeah, she is." He agreed which caused me to laugh slightly.  "So...how is it going with Draco?" Blaise asked.

"I swear I have had this conversation with your girlfriend a few weeks ago." I said with a sigh.

"That didn't answer the question." Blaise said and gave me a small smile to encourage me.

"We are good friends and I am doing a good job at distracting him." I said feeling pretty proud of myself which caused Blaise to raise his eyebrows suggestively.  "Ewww, not like that." I said feeling blush creep onto my face  

"Sure." Blaise said with a smile.  "It's good that you are distracting him anyway, and he seems less stressed.  So I owe you that one Hermione." 

"What do you think they are talking about?" I asked nervously.

"Probably just getting to know each other, why do you look so scared?" He asked with an amused look on his face.

"She isn't good at knowing what not to say." I answered.

"You're scared she will harass him with questions.  Don't worry she won't, she knows better." He said with a confident smile which made me feel better.  "Besides Draco is a big boy he can handle himself.  It's cute that you are concerned for him though and you never denied you fancied him."  Blaise pointed out cheekily.

"He has to have someone to boost his ego doesn't he?" I said as a question.  "I swear he lives off girls who have a crush on him."

"Someone sounds jealous." Blaise said in a sing song voice.

"I am not jealous." I said a little bit too defensively.

"So if he got a girlfriend that wasn't you, you would be fine with it." Blaise asked.

"Yes." I lied and hoped that he didn't see through it.

He did because he said, "Wow, you really are a terrible liar.  You need to tell him you like him.  He thinks that you don't actually like him and you just said that you know." This caused me to feel my heart start beating faster.  "I think he feels the same way, personally. You know that he wouldn't say anything negative towards you if he didn't feel the same."

"But how are you meant to tell someone that you like them?" I questioned.

"You can show them." Blaise suggested.