Chapter 13

I was trying to go to sleep when all that was going around in my head was what Draco had to do and what happened before.  I put down my 'crush' on him to be because I feel sorry for him, there was no possible explanation.  I had to think of a way to get him to talk to me about what the secret was and distract him in someway.  I did technically distract him for a while today but I doubt those 5-10 minutes would really make a difference.  As for the crush thing, I don't think what I just thought was true, I don't think I have a crush on him at all I think that I just feel sorry for him and I want to help him and care for him like a good person.  I have absolutely no idea what Ginny was talking about, it was definitely not a crush, I will have to set that straight in the morning.  Happy with my thoughts I drifted into a deep sleep.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I managed to stay focused on my lessons in the morning but after lunch it was Charms.  I don't know why I was dreading it, I think it was mainly because I had to sit next to and talk to Draco.  Why was I even nervous?  It's just Draco Malfoy, no big deal.  Plus I have to get to know him anyway because of my agreement with Blaise. 

I made my way to charms early and put my back against the wall, why must it be me to have to distract Draco, I'm sure one of his admirers would happily do it for him.   I still hadn't figured out how I was meant to talk to him yet, it's not like I can go up to him and say 'Hello Draco, I know we haven't got on for all our time here at Hogwarts but I want to be your friend.'  I sighed and I heard Draco's voice break through my thoughts. "You okay Granger? Because you look anxious and a bit annoyed." Of course he would turn up now, he always turns up when I'm thinking of him, I should be careful incase he knows when I'm thinking about him and he turns up to embarrass me.  

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked him trying to seem like nothing was bothering me.

"You are a terrible liar."

I looked up at him and he had a look of...concern as if he cared for me like a friend.  "I'm fine." I said quickly and looked away.

"Are you sure? Because to me you have been leaving Potter and Weaslebee a bit too much, it's as if you are sneaking off to see a boy or something." He said in his usual voice but there was a hint of disappointment at the end. 

"I am sure, and I am not sneaking off to meet a boy." I said turning back to him and making eye contact with him.

"Good." Draco said quickly but then seemed to regret what he said.  "Umm...It's not like I would be bothered if you were meeting a boy or anything."

I raised my eyebrows in response and then the rest of the class turned up so the conversation had to end. 

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

At the end of class I felt someone grab my arm, I stopped suddenly and then heard Draco whisper in my ear from behind. "Library tonight at 6."  He didn't wait for me to reply as he just walked off.  Harry and Ron looked at me suspiciously but didn't say anything or at least not to me anyway.  I walked out of the classroom without them, I don't know why I wasn't spending as much time with them but I suppose it was because of a certain Draco Malfoy.  Strange that I'm spending more time with him rather than my two best friends.  He had also arranged to meet me earlier at 6 rather than 7.   He probably wanted to get rid of me quicker and I kind of felt slightly disappointed.    Plus if we finished the project quicker than everyone else it would be good and everything but it would make it awkward for me to spend more time with him.  Draco Malfoy was definitely good at creating problems.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

When I turned up at the Library Draco wasn't sitting at a table so I started to look around for some books so we could get started as soon as he arrived.  I started looking at books and felt someone's hands on my waist, I was about to scream when one of the hands covered my mouth.

"Shhhhh Granger, do you want us to get kicked out of the Library?" Draco whispered in my ear.

I took his hand off my mouth and turned around to face him, I didn't really think about how his hand was now on my waist.  "You didn't have to sneak up on me like that." I said to him, or well his shoulder. 

"It wouldn't be fun otherwise." Draco said while shrugging his shoulders.  "But you don't seem to mind." He looked down at his hand on my waist and I quickly shoved his hand off me which resulted in a smirk from him.  "Don't worry you can touch me all you like." He said and put my hands on his chest which made me blush, I tried to remove them but his hands were covering mine so I couldn't. 

"Why are you being so flirty, with me especially?" I asked suspiciously.

"Fine if you just want to finish the project that's fine." He said while letting go of my hands and walked over to a table and put his feet up on the chair next to him.  

Right so that was definitely flirting but why would Draco flirt with me.  I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and took some books back to the table.  "You really shouldn't put your feet on furniture, it's impolite." I said while sitting opposite him. 

Surprisingly he moved his feet from the chair and put them in front of him.  He didn't speak for all of the evening he just watched me working which I found kind of uncomfortable.  "Right I have had enough, why are you staring at me?" I asked him feeling really uncomfortable but didn't raise my eyes to look at him. 

"No reason." He said bluntly.  I looked up and saw that he was looking around the room now. 

"Malfoy...I was wondering if you would ever want to go on a walk..." Draco looked back at me and raised his eyebrows. "...with me." I finished. 

He looked shocked and confused but he nodded, this was going to be easier than I thought it would if he was going to be that willing.  

"Wait...Granger are you asking me on a date?" He asked and actually gave me a genuine smile.

"Err...no...I was asking you out on a walk as friends I guess." I explained.

"Ah, right okay." He said and feigned looking sad but winked at me which caused me to blush.   What was he doing to me.  "Tomorrow at 4 and meet at the big oak by the lake?" He asked.

"Are you sure you want to be seen with me when it's still light?" I questioned.  He nodded as if it didn't bother him at all.  "Okay."  So tomorrow I would have to start trying to get to know him, hopefully it would be easier than I thought.