Chapter Seven

Previously on Brother's Best Friend...

He couldn't help himself the second his eyes met hers, and he leaned down and captured her lips in an intoxicatingly passionate kiss. She gasped in surprise, but didn't hesitate to kiss him back with an equal amount of passion. One of his large hands traveled to her hips, rubbing her bare skin lightly with his thumb. The kiss was intense, and Maya couldn't help but let out a gasp when his tongue grazed her bottom lip, then entering her mouth and mingling with her own tongue. She felt butterflies in her stomach, and the feeling scared her, just as she was brought back into reality.

'What about Brandon?' Her subconscious reminded her, and she knew she had to pull away before this got too serious.

She slowly pulled away, taking his bottom lip between her teeth and tugging it as she pulled away from him, her hands in his hair.

"What the fuck?!" A voice yelled at the two, and Maya's eyes widened drastically.

She could recognize the voice, but she was praying that she heard wrong.

However, when she turned her head, she found her prediction to be completely correct, for standing above the two was none other than her brother.

This time on Brother's Best Friend...

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

Lucas instantly jumped off of Maya and moved away from her, but Maya was frozen. She couldn't move, no matter how much she tried to.

Her heart was beating out of her chest, her stomach was in knots, and her eyes were as wide as they could be.

"What in the actual fuck is this?!" He yelled over the sounds of the ocean crashing behind him, gesturing to Maya and Lucas who had now separated. "I leave to go swim with Lucas, and when I realize he's not following me I turn around and see you two fucking making out? What kind of bullshit is that?"

"Listen, Farkle-" Lucas started to explain.

"And you, don't even get me started on you. You're supposed to be my best friend!"

"I am, Farkle, and you're my-"

"Don't even start that 'we are best friends' shit with me, because if that were true, I wouldn't have found you making out with my baby sister!"

"Farkle, please just let-" Maya started, and Farkle's now dark eyes focused on his sister's frame.

"And now you, what the fuck is going on with you? What made you think it was alright to go kissing my best friend?" Farkle fumed, but once again, he interrupted before either of them could answer or defend themselves. "Never mind, I don't want to hear about this shit. Maya, come on. We're leaving."

Maya glanced up at Lucas and sent him a look that held all of her emotions. The nervousness, the anger, the sadness, the passion, the queasiness. It seemed to her as if she was feeling every emotion possible at the moment, and her mind was jumbled with so many thoughts that she didn't know where to start.

Why did Lucas kiss her?

Why did she kiss back?

Why did Farkle have to catch them?

Was Farkle mad at both of them, or just one of them?

Was Farkle going to stay friends with Lucas, or had a line just been crossed that took everything to the point where their friendship wasn't possible to mend?