Chapter Three

Lucas glared at the annoyingly touchy couple standing a couple feet away from him, crossing his arms tightly across his chest. He felt some sort of need to be superior to the boy currently smothering the girl of his dreams in kisses, yet he knew deep down that no matter how much more buff he was than the boy, no matter how much more of a gentleman he was, at the end of the day, Brandon was the one that held Maya's heart, and that itself was enough to make him the man of higher superiority.

"What's your deal?" Riley questioned her brother, noticing his tense form leaning against their jet black Cadillac Escalade.

"It's nothing," he muttered not removing his eyes from Maya and Brandon for a single second.

"Nice try, big bro, but I think I've lived with you long enough to tell when you're okay, and this," she gestured towards his body, "this does not look okay."

"Just back off, alright?" He told her, tensing even more when he saw Brandon to start kiss Maya's neck, her face very flushed.

"Fine, next time I see you hurt and upset I'll just ignore you," Riley replied, rolling her chocolate brown eyes as she walked away from Lucas and over to Farkle, where he captured her in a hug and leaned in, kissing her passionately with his arms wrapped around her waist.

Lucas remained focused on Maya watching her ever move as Brandon continued kissing her all over her gorgeous, makeup free face. Although, Lucas wasn't focused on the fact that Brandon was kissing Maya, but more on the fact that Brandon's hand began inching closer and closer to Maya's butt.

"Farkle!" Lucas whisper-shouted at his best friend who was currently kissing his girlfriend quote passionately.

"What do you want?" He groaned, pulling his lips away from Riley's.

Lucas lifted his arm and pointed directly at Brandon and Maya, and Farkle instantly paled as a look of utter terror spread across his lipstick stained face. He ran over and attempted pulling his baby sister away from the boy currently occupying her, but his non-existent muscles kept him from doing so. He looked over at Lucas with desperation in his eyes, and the boy sighed before walking over to the couple and wrapping his muscular arms around the blonde's petite waste, gently picking her up and pulling her away from her boyfriend.

"Put me down!" Maya demanded Lucas, although she was actually sort of enjoying the feeling of being wrapped in his arms. She felt safe.

"Farkle, can I put her down?" the green eyed boy asked.

"Not unless you put her down in the car and lock all the doors."

"Alright," he replied, turning back to the blonde beauty who he had in his embrace. "Do you want to get locked in the car?"

She rolled her beautiful blue eyes and shook her head, her blonde curls ending up in her face.

"Well then I'm afraid I can't set you down, ma'am," Lucas smirked, watching the girl of his dreams struggle to get out of his grasp, failing miserably.

"You know I hate when you talk like you're from Texas!" Maya whined, pouting as she gave up on trying to get out of Lucas's arms.

"I am from Texas," he reminded her, his smirk only growing as he watched realization spread across her face.

"You know what I meant," Maya muttered, laughing slightly.

No matter what this boy did, there's just something about him that never ceases to put a smile on her face.

"Okay, it's time to go! Lucas, can you set Maya in the backseat?" Farkle interrupted their playful banter, an eyebrow raised as he watched the two continue to play with each other. His smile turned into a frown when he recognized that their behavior seemed an awful lot like flirting, and his fists clenched at the sight of his baby sister giggling as Lucas spun around with her in his arms, a smile spreading across his lips as he watched the blonde beauty throw her head back in laughter, her curls flying all around them. They framed her face like an envelop halo and Farkle could see the loving look that Lucas was giving her.