Chapter Two

(A/N: I was actually going to post this after my hiatus was over, but since I wrote half of it before I figured I would just finish this one chapter up before it officially starts. Also, I made new covers for all of my books, and I wanted to know your opinions on them. Thanks. You may read on.)

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Maya yelled to the person downstairs who apparently couldn't wait a couple seconds for someone to get downstairs before they started repeatedly ringing the doorbell. She ran down the stairs and walked towards the door, excitement rushing through her veins.

Tonight her and Riley were having a sleepover, on account of Farkle going to the beach for the weekend with the Chess club. They were celebrating some sort of match Maya assumed, although she couldn't care less. She rarely ever got Riley to herself in the house, so she wanted to savor every second with her best friend before her brother got back.

She didn't think she could be any more anxious while opening the door, and as soon as she saw Riley, she tackled her in a hug.

"It's been so long since we last had a girls weekend," Maya groaned, hopping down off of Riley.

"Tell me about it," Riley laughed. "I can't ever come over here without getting swept away by Farkle. It'll be nice to finally have a sleepover without him nagging me to go upstairs with him."

"Where's your bag?" Maya asked, noticing the lack of the suitcase in her hands.

"Oh, Lucas is getting it," she told Maya. "Lucas, hurry your lazy ass up! We don't have all day!"

"Wait, Lucas? I thought this was just going to be a girls night," she questioned Riley, feeling extremely nervous. She had been avoiding Lucas ever since the whole party thing in freshman year. Of course she had seen him a couple times, it's kind of hard not to since they go to the same school and he always comes over to hang out with Farkle.

But, long story short, she kept as much distance between her and Lucas as possible at all times.

"I'm sorry, but Farkle said he didn't want anything to happen to us while he was gone and he thought Lucas would be the best person to protect us if anything were to happen," Riley sighed, hearing the front door creak open. "I tried to stop him, especially since I know how Brandon feels about Lucas. He wouldn't budge."

Maya groaned, running a hand through her hair.

"I already invited Brandon over, though! He can't come here if Lucas is here. They'll kill each other!"

"Just un-invite him then," Riley said, trying to calm Maya down.

"Have you met Brandon? He'll know something's up and that will just make him want to come over more!" Maya was freaking out, pacing back and forth across the hardwood floor. "This is not good. This is so not good."

"What's your problem?" Lucas snickered at Maya, but stopped when she turned around and shot him an ice cold glare.

"You're my problem. You're ruining everything. I had plans tonight and you being here completely ruined all of them," Maya growled at Lucas as he took a step back.

"You think I want to be here? I would much rather be doing something else with my Friday night, but I promised my friend that I would stay here with you two and I intend to keep that promise," Lucas defended himself.

"Whatever," Maya rolled her eyes, grabbing Riley's hand and proceeding to drag her up to her room. She slammed the door behind them and locked it, groaning in frustration as she flopped onto her love sack. (That's a fancy term for a really big beanbag, just in case you weren't already aware.)