Chapter Four

Previously on Best Friend's Brother:

"Never, and I mean NEVER, tickle me, unless you want to get kicked in the groin again."

"If it gets us in a position like this again, there's no doubt that I will be tickling you again sometime in the near future."

"Is that so?" Maya laughed, no humor in her tone. "And how do you think my brother will feel about that?"

"Who says he has to know?" Lucas asked, licking his lips before beginning to lean forward. Maya's breath hitched in her throat as her gaze flickered to his lips.

"What is this?!"

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

Maya's eyes widened as Lucas hopped off of her, both of them staring at Riley in horror. They both scrambled to their feet, dusting their bodies off.

"Riley, I swear, it's not what it looks li-" Lucas started, but Riley instantly interrupted him.

"How could you not tell me you guys were dating?" She smiled, running over to her best friend and helping her up before enveloping her in a hug.

"We're not-" Maya started to explain, but Riley cut her off.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are like the perfect couple. The whole forbidden love thing, so cute."

"Riley, if you would just listen to-"

"Can you imagine how adorable your babies would be? God, their eyes would be so gorgeous. I bet they would-"

"Riley!" Lucas and Maya both shouted at the same time, and she instantly stopped talking.

"Maya and I aren't dating," Lucas told her while he still had the chance to without being interrupted.

"And you can not tell anyone about what you just saw, especially not my brother," Maya continued, practically begging her.

"I still don't understand.. You aren't dating, yet I just watched you stare at each other for, like, two minutes straight while looking like all you wanted to do was rip each other's clothes off," Riley stated, making them both blush profusely.

"That's not what happened at all," Maya nervously replied, searching her brain for an excuse. "We were just..uh..you know..uhmmm...."

"Hey, guys!" Farkle grinned at everyone, giving them all a warm smile as he walked into the living room and wrapped his arm around Riley's waist. He placed a kiss to her temple, and Riley smiled at him, trying to hide how nervous she actually was. He frowned when he noticed how they all stopped talking as soon as he walked in, not liking how it seemed like they were all hiding something from him.

"What were you guys talking about?" He questioned them, raising an eyebrow at Lucas, who looked the most uncomfortable out of the three.

"Umm.. we were just.. uhm.. talking about.. uhhh......"

"We were talking about your surprise party," Maya blurted out, sensing how nervous Lucas was and trying to ease some of the tension in the room.

"You were throwing me a surprise party?" Farkle asked, not at all convinced that that was what they were talking about.

"Well, we were, but it looks like now we can't because you found out about it," Lucas continued, supporting Maya's lie.