Chapter One

(The outfit in the media above is what Maya wears in this chapter

(The outfit in the media above is what Maya wears in this chapter.)

Maya nervously smoothed her palms over her shorts, trying to rid them of the sweat that was currently coming out of them.

Tonight was the first high school party that she had ever been invited to, and to say she was nervous would be an understatement.

"Stop stressing, May," Riley told the blonde, her voice soothing yet stern. "You'll fit right in with my friends. Even if you don't, I'll make them be nice to you."

Maya giggled, some of the stress lifting off of her shoulders. She was glad that she had Riley in her life, she really kept her in check.

"I know, I'm just nervous about how many people there are going to be. That's all," Maya reassured Riley.

"Are you sure it's everyone that's making you nervous, and not a certain boy that goes by the name of Lucas Friar?" Riley smirked, and Maya quickly turned around.

"No, it's not him. And even if it was, it would be nice if you could speak a bit quieter. My brother is right across the hall!" Maya whisper-yelled.

"Calm down, May. I didn't mean to get you all worked up," the brunette soothed, standing up from Maya's bed and walking over to her. She placed her hands on her bare shoulders and Maya groaned, knowing she was going to get a pep talk.

"Alright. So the plan for tonight is you come with me and hang out with my group. We're going to do something to get people to notice how totally hawt you look in that outfit, and badda-Bing badda-boom, you have yourself a nice little boy toy. And no chickening out. You're not weak. You can push through this. Break out of your shell. Do something you usually wouldn't do. You're a high schooler now. You need to just kind of let things happen and see where they take you."

"Alright, Riles. I think I get it," Maya laughed. She was trying to take Riley's advice and just play it cool, but it was really hard.

"Babe, have you seen Ma-" Farkle began as he walked through the door, but he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Maya. "No."

"No what?" Maya asked, looking down at her wedges. Were they not tall enough? Was her mascara smudged? Did she have lipstick on her teeth?

"No as in there is no way I am letting you go out like that," Farkle scoffed, gesturing towards her outfit. "That's too much skin to be showing."

"Come on, baby," Riley attempted to ease Farkle's mind on the conversation topic. She walked over to him and whispered something in Farkle's eat that Maya couldn't make out. Farkle's eyes grew wide, and his mouth gaped slightly. She noticed Riley's hand traveling farther down her brothers torso and held back the urge to throw up.

"Come on guys, let's keep it PG when I'm in the room," Maya interrupted them, and Farkle blushed as Riley pulled away with a satisfactory grin on her face. Farkle scanned over Maya's outfit one more time and sighed frustratedly.