Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ebony and James spent the rest of the day with each other sometimes talking and sometimes just enjoying being together.  Dom brought them a picnic lunch to have as they sat by the lake watching the water birds searching for a meal.

Dom was still there in the background a smile of satisfaction on his face.  He had known James for many years and had finally let him talk him into coming to work for him a few years ago.  He had been worried about James because he never dated and Dom could see that he was lonely.

When Ebony arrived at the Manor House he hoped things would change for the better.  But James had to let his mind take over and almost lost the best thing that had ever happened to him.  Now as Dom looked out at the couple sitting in the gazebo looking out over the lake, he knew that things would indeed change for the better.

He turned and left the couple to themselves, he had an intimate dinner for two to organise.  His mind was already running a series of dishes through his mind as he pondered what to serve them.

As the day wore on Ebony thought she would burst with the happiness she was feeling.  She was still a little cautious, but she’d never felt so welcomed or cared for before and she was still a little afraid she’d wake up and find it was all a dream.

Late in the afternoon Braedon (and to her he would always be Braedon) led her back to the Manor and she went up to her rooms to rest and get ready for dinner.  She could feel her heart beating faster as she thought about the day and how Dom had pretty much forced them to start over. 

She grinned, “A do over, trust Dom to organise something like that.”  She was grateful to him for what he’d done and whether things worked out or not she’d make sure she let him know how grateful she was to him for forcing them both to give each other a chance.

She went to her bathroom and ran a bath, she wanted to soak and let her thoughts drift.  She felt happy for the first time in… well in a very long time.  That it was Braedon that had made her feel this way was a bonus, a bonus she had initially hoped for when she first got on the train to come here.

She went through her clothes wanting to pick the right outfit to wear to dinner, she was nervous and excited and also a little afraid.  She wanted to be with Braedon, she loved him, knew she loved him before she’d even laid eyes on him.  And now it seemed almost too good to be true that he may truly want her to. 

She pulled up her hair tying it out of the way and stripped off to get into the tub.  She could feel the heat of the water relax her and the scent of the bubble bath was also soothing.  “No matter what happens now, I’ll as least have what I’m feeling now; no one can take that away from me.” 

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Braedon made a bee-line for the kitchen and when he spotted Dom he threw his arms around him and hugged him so hard Dom was complaining because he couldn’t breathe.  “Okay, okay I appreciate your enthusiasm my friend but let me breathe!” and they both laughed.

“So,” Braedon said as he tried to see what everyone was working on, what’s for dinner?  I’d like to have something a little special for tonight if you don’t mind?”

Dom looked at his friend in surprise, “This must be the real thing James, or you wouldn’t be so polite and you wouldn’t be asking for something special for tonight.”

Braedon just grinned, he couldn’t help himself, “Alright Dom, I’ll leave it to you, but I’d like us seated near the window so Ebony can look out over the lake.”  Without waiting for a response he turned and left the kitchen.  Dom was left shaking his head and grinning because he could see that his friend was looking so happy.