Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ebony felt herself soften towards him, she couldn’t seem to help herself, she could see the hurt on his face, in his eyes and in the tears he let freely flow.  She moved wanting to sit up so they could talk, but he perhaps saw more and acted on it.  He lowered his lips to hers, brushing them across hers… feather light, so softly that she was unsure for a moment if he’d really touched her.

She gasped and he took advantage moving lips over hers once more, but this time he wasn’t as gentle.  His tongue found the opening of her lips and pushed inside, Ebony was lost the moment his mouth touched her, giving in to his movements.

Their tongues met and danced to a tune no one could or would ever hear.  He pulled her closer holding her as if he’d never let her go.  Strong safe arms engulfed her, arms Ebony had dreamt of for so long.  She could feel herself falling deeper into the kiss and although she wanted nothing more than to get utterly lost in his embrace, as he drew back a little from the kiss, she pushed at his chest letting him know she no longer wanted his touch.

Braedon stood, pulling Ebony with him and as he lowered her to her feet he let go of her.  As he took a step back from her he felt her rage, her anger and her confusion all at once as her right hand connected with his left cheek.  The pain was insignificant to him, but the sting of what she’d done meant hurt more that she’d ever know.

They stood there Braedon looking at her with the knowledge that he had indeed stuffed things up royally and Ebony glaring at him with so much pain he thought she’d collapse from the effort of holding in all in.

Braedon opened his mouth to speak, to say something, but she cut him off.  “Don’t!  There is nothing you can say that can excuse you from what you’ve done to me.”  Ebony shook her head slowly, taking in long slow breathes to calm herself.  “I know I am nowhere in your league socially," she clenched her fists to her sides trying to maintain control.

“You knew that from the beginning Braedon!  I have been honest with you all along and knowing who I was and what I ‘didn’t’ have you still wanted me to come to your home.”

Ebony let out a sound of anguish and wrapped her arms around herself trying to hold herself together.  “You send me a ring that you say has great value to you.  You made a promise to meet me, to get to know me.  You said you wanted to see if we could build a life together!”

“Ebony,” Braedon began, “I know I’ve hurt you, I was wrong to treat you the way I did.  I know you feel betrayed by me.”  He shook his head trying to find the right words, but couldn’t.  “If you still want to leave, I’ll wait outside for you then take you to the station.”  Braedon turned slowly and left the room and Ebony standing alone and somewhat shocked. 

Ebony watched as he left the room seemingly taking a part of her with him.  She loved him, she wanted him, but if she gave in to him and forgave him for what he’d done… she knew he’d walk all over her and that she’d never have a voice in whatever kind of relationship they had.  She wanted, no she deserved more than that and if she had to walk away from him to get it then that’s what she’d do.

Her eyes blurred and she realised that she was sobbing, tears running down her cheeks,  she wiped them away with the back of her hands then headed to the bathroom to clean herself up.  She had to get away, if only to think, she knew if she stayed at Dom’s she’d have no peace, that Braedon or James or Jamison or whatever the hell he wanted to call himself would do his level best to win her over. 

Ebony knew she was nowhere near ready to do battle with him again, so leaving was her only option.  When she finished in the bathroom she gathered her things and headed for the front door.