thorne+evian vs. svin

"Thorne Alvarado and Evian Ido versus Svin: the Chef."

"Shit, that's us," Evian realizes. 

"Oh," Thorne chirps, then turns towards me. "Count on this win."

"Okay," I agree. I glance at her bands. They've at least grown half of a band. She has the power of Ky.

The two children make their way down to the arena. Their breathing is heavy and their hands interlaced. As they unlock the gate, the fingers slip away. They step into a kitchen. Black and white tiles deck the floor. A gigantically tall counter top with fabulous marble sits in the center. Svin stands behind it, almost as tall as ceiling (twice the size of Ace). He throws a shiny knife up and cuts into a stack of vegetables. He chops, minces, and dices. I don't know exactly what he's doing, mostly because I'm a terrible cook. Svin's eyes light up when he sees Thorne and Evian. 

"Ah! Thorne and Evian, please, please take a seat." He slides his knife to gesture the two, large chairs in front of his counter. They reluctantly climb up the chairs. "Are you hungry? Raven denied you a meal today, didn't she?"

"Yes, we got breakfast, but the lady said we couldn't have lunch," Evian answers. 

"I see." He chops into a carrot. "Raven wanted you to have a feast tonight. I'm her best chef, you know?"

"Oh, is that so?" Thorne says, raising her brows to a brown bag wrapped parcel. "What are you preparing for us?"

"Oh yes, our meal for tonight. I'm stewing carrots, corn, potatoes, rhubarb? Yes, rhubarb! And I've dashed in lentils and beans. Also, we're adding a special meat to the stew. Can you take a guess?"

Thorne flaps her lips together. "Um...beef?"

Svin shakes his head "no".

"Pork?" Evian guesses. 

"Nope, even better!" Svin says and lifts the parcel to slam on the counter. He unwraps the package. Two faces are stacked next to each other. Their eyes lay permanently open with coins shoved in the sockets. Evian's parents lay. Their throats crusted over in a flaky blood. Their stomachs splayed open, ready for organs to be ripped out. 

"No, no, no," Evian repeats. Svin lifts butcher knife high into the air and clamps in town on their waists. He carves out a chunk of flesh and throws them on each of their plates. The fatty flesh oozes and peels with decaying chunks and hair.

"Won't you take a bite?" Svin asks. 

"I can't," Evian whispers, blinking away tears, "these are my parents."

"Evian," Thorne whispers. 

"Thorne, won't you take a bite?" Svin sharpens the knife on a sharpener. 

"I, um, no." Her hands tremble. 

"Why!" He screams and slams the knife into the counter, "Just eat what I prepare you!" Svin grabs at his jaw and it unhinges. His teeth grow an extra set and he consumes the bodies like a vacuum. He gobbles it up, even ripping out part of the counter.

"Aw, shit!" Thorne yelps and jumps from her chair. She lands without bending her knees. Her ankle snaps. She collapses to the ground in pain. 

Svin licks his lips with his long, flappy tongue, "the feet of a young maiden is my favorite snack." Thorne yelps and crawls backward on her hands. She squeezes her eyes together, concentrating her magic. All she can muster up a sprig of weeds and limp roses. Svin chuckles, leaning in toward her. His open mouth dribbles with drool, water, and oozing saliva. 

"High Tide: Push Back!" The taps of the faucets burst off and Evian is able to push Svin back. But, his intense size and strength rushes forward. Svin gathers closer. Thorne claps her hands together. She furrows her eyebrows together, her hands trembling, her ankle throbbing.