for three

November 7, 983.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Artemis:

Ahhh! Fairlon is amazing! We finally moved out of the studio warehouse and Mr. Evanoff bought quite the fixer-upper! As much fun as the studio warehouse was this past month, we discovered some terrible things about it:

There are rats in the walls and its creepy laying in bed at night and listen to things scurry around you. Eunice is absolutely mortified with rats and refused to spend the night. Of course, she always gave into Mr. Evanoff and stayed the night. The warehouse is barely any privacy. Our bedrooms were pretty open. We tried to hang sheets from the rafters to make makeshift rooms, but they were still pretty open. Mason has the worst snore ever! Emerald and I can hear it from the other side of the warehouse and (because Emerald is Emerald) she teases him on end about it. The sheets don't block out any light. This is terrible when your tired and Mr. Evanoff catches some wind of inspiration at midnight. I often wake up to him yelling, singing, and swearing whenever he drops his paint. The studio warehouse just isn't fit for five people.

Luckily, Mr. Evanoff decided to invest in 'a house for the future' or so he says. It's a extremely large house, I almost cried looking at it. The manor is in shambles, so he plans to fix it as we live there. The house is so extensive, you could explore it each day and find something new. Its a blue, stone house that sits at the top of a hill. The lawn is littered with weeping willows that surround a pond. A large, stone fence sits around the back garden. Emerald and Mason already started to fix up the garden, they planted shrubs, cherry trees, apple trees, and roses. They planted so many roses that every time I step outside I'm being sucked into a perfume bottle. Fairlon is ways away from Sagamore Hills and the weather is so much warmer. The winter isn't harsh, the autumn is currently beautiful. I'm having so much fun. This is the greatest experience I've ever had. I cannot thank you all enough for allowing me to move to Fairlon on behalf of being Mr. Evanoff's assistant.

Unfortunately, I made my decision that I wrote about previous letter. I haven't told him yet, I plan so tonight after we work on his latest piece, he titles it 'Celestial Destruction'. I'm pretty sure it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I'm so nervous, but because I know I'm limited, so thats I want to move on. I think it makes sense.

All the love, come visit soon!

P.S. Don't take Artemis! Mr. Evanoff just hired a new servant. Her name is Rei, she's absolutely stunning and nice! If he comes, he'll only flirt with her and scare her away! I'm really counting on becoming friends with her!

Helena

I lick the envelope shut. The glue tastes sour. I place the letter in the mail box and step carefully around the floorboards Oscar has ripped up in the hallway. I scurry through the kitchen and make my way into his studio. After this project, he plans on cleaning up the room and making it into the Great Room. He'll move his studio elsewhere. It would make a fantastic Great Room. The expansive windows follow all the way up the ceiling, the roof bows into a peak in the center and from it hangs a single light bulb. I think a large chandelier would be best fit there.

"Goodnight Oscar," I coo into his room. I should tell him. No, it shouldn't. Yes, I should. "I'm going to bed."

"Wait!" he swivels around in his chair and flecks white paint in my face.

"You're so childish!" I huff and smear my face, "I'm about to sleep. What do you need?"

He frowns at his painting, "It's not right. Celestial Destruction is looking limp."

"Don't name your paintings. It's weird," I tease, "No, she looks beautiful."

"I can't get the stars right. They should spell her name but, they aren't speaking to me," he whispers and wipes his face with his paint stricken hands. We turn to the canvas. Its a rich blue. My white washed out eyes become even more lost within them. The sky is exploded with a storm. Lighting dissipates and splinters across the sky. It crackles neon and electric. The thunder rumbles in a low black cloud but, softens as it reaches a gentle harp that pacifies the storm. The harp soothes out pink and calms the storm into mauve. It completes the storm. He blends her into him. They are one.