Glinting in the beams of the moonlight

"You knew Min Yoongi well?"

"Yes" I repeated. I felt like a broken record, repeating the same answers over and over again. I didn't see how this could help, having already told them everything I knew.

Focusing on the small, dim light in the centre of the room I rested my elbow against the table, struggling to keep my eyes open. Words were engraved onto the table and an array of chewing gum was stuck underneath it, some pieces fresher than others.

I found myself wondering how many people had sat in the chair I was sat in. How many criminals were forced to answer questions which could determine their freedom, or their loss of it.

However I, was not a criminal. I knew that for a fact and I would not stand to be told that I was.

Dead or alive I would not carry the label of a murderer. The very thought of it made me feel physically sick.

"Where were you at exactly 6:25am Friday morning?" I was asked.

Aggravated, I tried to stop myself from rolling my eyes at the question I had been asked many times before.

"I was asleep"

The officer looked unconvinced. There was no way I could get across to them that I had nothing to do with the murder of Min Yoongi. It seemed as if they had already made their minds up that I was the one to blame. I had begun to come to terms with the fact that I would probably end up being the one that was charged with the murder of my ex boyfriend. I felt defeated and irritated that the person that had blood on their hands would get away and I would be left trapped. My whole life taken away from me.

Jimins POV

Hours had gone by. Hours of nothing but me staring at a clock, willing for time to move on. But it dragged out to make it seem like an eternity. An eternity of waiting. Waiting for nothing but my turn to move from one chair to another, this room to a new one. To look into the eyes of another officer, having to lie continuously through gritted teeth.

My mind kept wandering back to that dreadful, Friday morning. If only I had said no, if only I had found some way around the situation or even taken it into my own hands. Then she wouldn't be in there now, head first in waters way to deep. Being asked questions that she shouldn't be having to answer. Giving answers that were nothing other than the truth. But they didn't see it as the truth. They saw it as surrender.

If only I had said no.

***

I kicked out, trying to get him to release his grip. He did nothing other than tighten it, making me swirm in pain, fighting for air.

"Help me fake my death" an evil grin appeared on his lips,

"Or I will make sure you never lay eyes on her ever again" he drawled, moving his face closer to mine.

For the first time in my life I was scared of Suga, who I had lived with for over three years now. I thought I knew him like the palm of my hand but it turned out that I didn't know him at all. Or at least this version of him. He wasn't Suga, he wasn't Min Yoongi. He was a stranger.

Nails dug into the side of my neck, causing a sharp pain to shoot down the left side of my body. My head felt fuzzy and the room around me was becoming distant. I knew that I had to do something or I would black out onto the dance floor. Doing that during rehearsal was bad enough but now would be even worse.

If I didn't do something soon I would be incapable of doing anything at all and god knows what he would do to her if I wasn't there to save her like I always was. I needed to be beside her. I needed to know she was okay. I wouldn't let this stranger lay one finger on her if I had it my way.

"Okay" I choked out, "Y-yes" my lungs felt like they were on fire. Each time I tried to take a breath I could feel burning inside my chest, tight and agonising.

I was carelessly dropped to the floor like a rag doll as soon as the words left my mouth.

"Yes. Okay. I'll help you"

"Good" he spoke, eyes glinting in the beams of moonlight that shone through the open window.

'What have I just done? What choice have a just made? Am I crazy!?'

I thought to myself.

"You have just made a deal" he walked over to me, offering me his hand. I hesistantly took it, feeling the cold of his skin seep into mine.

"Yes you are crazy" he continued, "and you didn't have a choice" he laughed.

A shudder rolled through me when I realised that I had spoken out loud.

***

The door snapped open, making me jump.

Rihanna walked out, her hair a knotted mess behind her back and her eyes glazed over. Makeup was smudged underneath her eyes from crying and I resisted the urge to run over to her and pull her into my arms.

The officer followed on behind her, a serious look plastered over his face. They looked like that all of the time, serious, bored and accusing. They had played this game one too many times before.

By the looks of it, her interrogation was over but mine...

Mine had only just begun.