Under the Horizon

"You seriously don't come out here enough" Jimin said, looking out over the city

"No I guess I don't" I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Why not?" I felt him nudge my shoulder.

I opened my eyes, letting them readjust to the sky. The sun had dipped under the horizon, leaving a soft orange glow behind the tall buildings scattered around the city. Me and Jimin were standing out on the balcony, taking in the view as we waited for our pizza to arrive.

"Honestly" I whispered, "I don't know"

"You must know" he insisted.

"Well, to be truthful, I hate space. I hate thinking. I hate being away from people"

He laughed, "You're lucky, I barely ever get a chance to get away from people. I live with six guys who can't keep quiet for more than five minutes. I love them but, if I had a balcony like this I would be out on it all the time. Just to get away"

"Yeah I get that but,

When I'm alone my mind has opportunity to wander. And I think too deeply into things. It sounds stupid but I end up scaring myself. Creating scenarios that are unlikely and sometimes impossible. But the worst thing about it is that most of the time the scenarios I imagine come to life. It's like my thoughts are some sort of jinx. I pinch myself as if I'm in a nightmare, willing myself to wake up. I never thought I would.

Which is why ever since, I have tried to restrain myself from thinking too much and for too long because I really don't want to go back."

"Ever since what?"

"You woke me up Park Jimin"

He didn't reply. Just reached out his hand to me. I took it and he pulled me towards him. Before I knew it our noses were touching and my long hair brushed against his shoulder every time the wind struck it.

"I haven't told you but ever since I left you something didn't feel right. My chest became tight and I felt trapped, like I was fighting for air. Now that I have you back I can breathe again" his voice sounded low and serious.

"God we're so cheesy" I pushed him away suddenly, completely ruining the moment.

He laughed, "Talking about cheese, shouldn't our pizza be here by now?"

As if on cue, a loud knock sounded.

"I'll get it" I smiled and ran to the door, swinging it open.

"It's about time" I mumbled.

I was about to ask for a discount before I realised who was actually standing at my door.

It felt as if my heart had leaped into the back of my throat. I closed my eyes hoping that when I opened them, the people standing in front of me would be gone and the pizza delivery man would take their place.

But they weren't. They stood there with their cold, hard eyes staring into mine, making my body go cold.

Why did I feel guilty? I hadn't done anything wrong. But that accusing look on their faces made you feel like you were the reason for world poverty.

Jimin skipped up behind me,

"Finally the pizza's here, excuse me sir could we get a discount?"

I heard him gasp as he realised who was really standing outside the door.

The man shot Jimin a disapproved look. He was tall and well built with dull grey eyes and unkempt, bushy eye brows that I couldn't help but stare at.

"We haven't got time to play games little boy " he snapped, "unless you want us to take you both to the station now?"

"No sir, mianhae" Jimin stuttered, bowing.

"Are you Rihanna Grey?" the woman interrupted.

She pulled out a small notebook and a pen and began to write on it. Her hand moved in swift motions, making long strokes across the page. Her hair was tied up into a tight bun that sat on top of her head and she wore heavy, black eye makeup to match her dark hair and brown eyes.

She looked me up and down to study me and then went back to continue whatever notes she was making.

"Yes I am. What's the problem?" I answered, trying to steady my voice and push down the anxious feeling rising in my stomach.

"Rihanna Grey we are arresting you on suspicion of murder, anything you say can and will be held against you..."