Calm before the Storm

It was the calm before the storm. 

But it only lasted for a couple of seconds at most. And that was it. 

"WHAT?!" she screamed, slamming her hands down onto the table. The countless cups of coffee we'd ordered in the past hour shook, contents spilling over the edges. 

I hadn't expected her to act like this, I'd never seen her look so...angry. 

Tears streamed down her face, eyes wide with fear. 

She stood up, knocking her chair out from behind her. All eyes were on us, the whole Cafe was watching, yet the room was silent. They were waiting on Rihanna's next move, and so was I. 

"Please," her voice spoke one thousand heartbreaks, "Please tell me he's lying" she cried. 

"Rihanna" I stood up and walked towards her, "you know me." My eyes pleaded with her. 

"I don't know what to believe anymore" her body shook as the sobs racked her chest. 

I took a step closer, placing my hand on her shoulder once more. 

"Don't touch me" she spat, shoving me away. 

I began to hear soft mumbles from the people around us, watching the scene unfold. 

"You know Min Yoongi" I tried again, "you know what lengths he would go to just to ruin things for you. For me." 

"NO!" she practically screamed, "I want the truth." 

"This is the truth," I begged her, tears threatening to spill, "you have to believe me."

I couldn't stop the lies from escaping my gritted teeth, one after the other they dug me a bigger whole than the one I was already in. 

I couldn't lose her. Not like this. Not ever. 

Min Yoongi was right. I was a monster. 

"Yes you are."

My heart skipped a beat. 

The world plunged into a moment of utter oblivion. 

I looked up, eyes eager to match the familiar voice with a picture. 

And there he was. 

Min Yoongi. 

Standing in all his glory at the front of the Cafe, with the most grimly satisfied smirk on his porcelain face. 

"Did you really think you could hide from me?" He chuckled, "You thought wrong Park Jimin." 

***